XeNTaX Forum Index
Forum MultiEx Commander Tools Tools Home
It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:19 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 372 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 25  Next
 Post subject: Re: Telltale Almost-All-In-One Model Importer
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:40 pm 
beginner

Have thanks: 3 times

Escope12 wrote:
Does anyone have the normal map body texture for Doug?

there isn't one, but you can always generate it!

You can make the ads go away by registering

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:36 pm 
beginner

Have thanks: 7 times
Maximmum wrote:
Escope12 wrote:
Does anyone have the normal map body texture for Doug?

there isn't one, but you can always generate it!

Yeah, Normal Map Online is probably the best place for that.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:51 am 
beginner

Hi RandomTBush, i just wanted to ask you, maybe you should release the script with Unfixable UVs because it's not too hard to manually fix them but it would be great to have atleast that version while you'll be fixing them in script, because many of us already can't wait to to release and wait for about 4 months for it already! So i hope you understand us :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:30 am 
beginner

Maximmum wrote:
Hi RandomTBush, i just wanted to ask you, maybe you should release the script with Unfixable UVs because it's not too hard to manually fix them but it would be great to have atleast that version while you'll be fixing them in script, because many of us already can't wait to to release and wait for about 4 months for it already! So i hope you understand us :)

I'd absolutely love a temporary version even if it is kind of broken, but things appear to have slowed down quite a bit since March, which makes me worry.

I really hope it isn't dead...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:44 am 
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Have thanks: 167 times
jayko wrote:
Maximmum wrote:

I'd absolutely love a temporary version even if it is kind of broken, but things appear to have slowed down quite a bit since March, which makes me worry.

I really hope it isn't dead...
It's not dead, I just haven't had any time to work on it lately.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:56 pm 
beginner

RandomTBush wrote:
It's not dead, I just haven't had any time to work on it lately.

Ah, okay - my apologies for being so persistent about it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:18 pm 
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Looks like the model format for Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy is changed around enough that the scripting I set up for Batman just crashes 3DS Max, which means I'm gonna have to write up even more changes to work with that game's models. Argh... I'll definitely leave that until I can get everything else figured out.

At least the bone structures and textures are unchanged (except for a few textures that seem to be using odd formats). But still, this is getting annoying.

(EDIT: Went back to working on the Walking Dead Season 3 models and now I realized that there's level-of-detail meshes that I gotta set up support for or else other parts won't import correctly. Good grief.)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:58 pm 
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Aaaaaaaaaalmost, but not quite there. The UV mapping isn't quite right for his left leg. Hrm... At least I can confirm that the UV mapping is in fact based off a minimum/maximum clamp (the values range from 0-65535, regardless of where they are situated on the texture, so I can use Javier's necklace or shirt tag as a reference point to finally get this problem fixed since I don't have as much information to parse through for those.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:10 pm 
beginner

I'll be sending you my good vibes in hope this works out -- and that telltale doesn't decide to send any more trickery your way.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:43 am 
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Well, I just found out where the UV mapping clamps are stored. They're right above the vertex header information, as float values I just shrugged off thinking they were just basic bounding box information (two sets, one for start, one for multiplier). And here I just spent the past eight or so hours parsing the material/shader header chunks because I thought it was located there. ...Excuse me while I die.

(I'll start implementing the calculations after I've screamed into a pillow or something, and hopefully this'll mean that I'll have the next version ready within a few days since that was the only thing holding me back!)

(EDIT: It's working!)

Now I just need to set the script up so that it detects vertex colouring correctly (instead of as a UV mapping layer), then transfer the changes to the Batman and Michonne portion of the script, and then test it with a buncha models.

Last edited by RandomTBush on Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:48 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:57 am 
advanced

Have thanks: 1 time
RandomTBush wrote:
Well, I just found out where the UV mapping clamps are stored. They're right above the vertex header information, as float values I just shrugged off thinking they were just basic bounding box information (two sets, one for start, one for multiplier). And here I just spent the past eight or so hours parsing the material/shader header chunks because I thought it was located there. ...Excuse me while I die.

(I'll start implementing the calculations after I've screamed into a pillow or something, and hopefully this'll mean that I'll have the next version ready within a few days since that was the only thing holding me back!)

I wish you best luck. You're doing a good job with this.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:12 am 
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

And another progress report! (Yes, this means that all four of the recent games should be supported in the next update!)

Once I've made sure things are working alright, I'll go back and fix up a few of the other importers now that I have better knowledge of the header information, hopefully fixing up those problematic models that wouldn't import beforehand.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:29 am 
advanced

Have thanks: 1 time
Some of the female characters in TWD2 have UV issues with their eyelashes.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:43 am 
beginner

Thank You! So much for this really) Though i can't wait and i already make myself ANF Clem model, by using Ninja Ripper, you've probs seen it already i released it a month ago for XNALara, L4D2, SFM and e.t.c., but still Thank You for doing this because ripping with Ninja Ripper is total pain in the a*s(finding all body parts in extraction folder, collect them in one, fixing broken UVs e.t.c. I was ready to literally kill myself lol :mrgreen: ) so Thank You Very Much, now with ur plugin it will be much easier to rip all other models)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:12 am 
beginner

RandomTBush wrote:
And another progress report! (Yes, this means that all four of the recent games should be supported in the next update!)

Once I've made sure things are working alright, I'll go back and fix up a few of the other importers now that I have better knowledge of the header information, hopefully fixing up those problematic models that wouldn't import beforehand.

Awesome job, man!

Would the problematic models include those old TWD2 and TWAU location models where the UV Mapping is a bit buggy, or does the header information apply to the models like Felix from TFTBL where an error message would come up while importing? (I've also found the ANF ep3 textures don't convert correctly but that might just be me like last time instead of the BMS Script.)

Just curious either way (and definitely not meaning to pile on the work) - looking forward to the update!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 372 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 25  Next