XeNTaX Forum Index
Forum MultiEx Commander Tools Tools Home
It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:37 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Forum rules


Please click here to view the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Pokemon Battle Revolution Bones [Problem]
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:14 pm 
Offline
advanced

Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:17 pm
Posts: 69
Has thanked: 2 times
Have thanks: 8 times














You can make the ads go away by registering

shakotay2 wrote:
Thx - though it doesn't seem to make sense trying to correct the rotations manually.

In your opening post you wrote "There is also another 3 float rotation defined".
(I supposed them to be angles in radians and converted them into degrees.)
Shouldn't the values be identical or mirrored for left/right leg for example?
As is for 151_test but not for 150_test:

150_test
upLegL 3.5557192153936525 -55.68430907653912 -88.53523428602308
upLegR -0.728983155268552 16.08990565610301 -80.32057943162708

151_test
leg_b 0.47448000814926894 39.99999883637168 0.12653000142642667
leg_bb 0.47448000814926894 -39.99999883637168 0.0


I'd also recommend that we start our searches with the head. It should be easier to handle, because there are no left and right sides.
Well the real analogue of upLegL and upLegR are leg_a and leg_aa
I'll try to print the values right now and check again what you are saying here. I do agree that there should be some sort of relation on them.

Edit:
Just printed them

leg_a 7.19137981860678 0.0 -5.6742202072362895
leg_aa 10.909899581075448 0.0 6.247180017272918

The last component has the same relation. But how should we apply that rotation? I remember trying to apply that on the bone tail but the result was still not good.
I am also thinking if the parent bone has any relation as well. Maybe its rotation should be applied on all its children.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pokemon Battle Revolution Bones [Problem]
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 5:17 pm 
Offline
veteran

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:42 am
Posts: 104
Has thanked: 34 times
Have thanks: 1 time
gregkwaste wrote:
shakotay2 wrote:
Thx - though it doesn't seem to make sense trying to correct the rotations manually.

In your opening post you wrote "There is also another 3 float rotation defined".
(I supposed them to be angles in radians and converted them into degrees.)
Shouldn't the values be identical or mirrored for left/right leg for example?
As is for 151_test but not for 150_test:

150_test
upLegL 3.5557192153936525 -55.68430907653912 -88.53523428602308
upLegR -0.728983155268552 16.08990565610301 -80.32057943162708

151_test
leg_b 0.47448000814926894 39.99999883637168 0.12653000142642667
leg_bb 0.47448000814926894 -39.99999883637168 0.0


I'd also recommend that we start our searches with the head. It should be easier to handle, because there are no left and right sides.
Well the real analogue of upLegL and upLegR are leg_a and leg_aa
I'll try to print the values right now and check again what you are saying here. I do agree that there should be some sort of relation on them.

Edit:
Just printed them

leg_a 7.19137981860678 0.0 -5.6742202072362895
leg_aa 10.909899581075448 0.0 6.247180017272918

The last component has the same relation. But how should we apply that rotation? I remember trying to apply that on the bone tail but the result was still not good.
I am also thinking if the parent bone has any relation as well. Maybe its rotation should be applied on all its children.

Has anyone tried importing Giratina's bones into Blender?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pokemon Battle Revolution Bones [Problem]
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 1:41 pm 
Offline
advanced

Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:17 pm
Posts: 69
Has thanked: 2 times
Have thanks: 8 times
Escope12 wrote:
gregkwaste wrote:
shakotay2 wrote:
Thx - though it doesn't seem to make sense trying to correct the rotations manually.

In your opening post you wrote "There is also another 3 float rotation defined".
(I supposed them to be angles in radians and converted them into degrees.)
Shouldn't the values be identical or mirrored for left/right leg for example?
As is for 151_test but not for 150_test:

150_test
upLegL 3.5557192153936525 -55.68430907653912 -88.53523428602308
upLegR -0.728983155268552 16.08990565610301 -80.32057943162708

151_test
leg_b 0.47448000814926894 39.99999883637168 0.12653000142642667
leg_bb 0.47448000814926894 -39.99999883637168 0.0


I'd also recommend that we start our searches with the head. It should be easier to handle, because there are no left and right sides.
Well the real analogue of upLegL and upLegR are leg_a and leg_aa
I'll try to print the values right now and check again what you are saying here. I do agree that there should be some sort of relation on them.

Edit:
Just printed them

leg_a 7.19137981860678 0.0 -5.6742202072362895
leg_aa 10.909899581075448 0.0 6.247180017272918

The last component has the same relation. But how should we apply that rotation? I remember trying to apply that on the bone tail but the result was still not good.
I am also thinking if the parent bone has any relation as well. Maybe its rotation should be applied on all its children.

Has anyone tried importing Giratina's bones into Blender?


Did not try to, but i can do it now. I don't guarantee for the result though :P 99% they are going to be completely out of place :P

Edit:
Here you are :
Image

There are a lot of bones in there, seems really detailed, but out of place :(:(


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pokemon Battle Revolution Bones [Problem]
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 9:40 pm 
Offline
veteran

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:42 am
Posts: 104
Has thanked: 34 times
Have thanks: 1 time
Do you think you can fix that?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pokemon Battle Revolution Bones [Problem]
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 8:32 am 
Offline
advanced

Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:17 pm
Posts: 69
Has thanked: 2 times
Have thanks: 8 times
Escope12 wrote:
Do you think you can fix that?

Well i was busy with other stuff, but when i imported the giratina model to check the bones, i started working on the bones again, trying to find out what is missing and how i can fix it.
I decided to NOT apply any kind of matrix. Mew bones did not need a matrix to show up correctly, and the same should stand for every model. So i tried imposing custom rotations on the bones and i ended up in something like this :

Image


The rotations i implied were on magnitude 90 or 180 degrees but i needed to apply them in different axes. unfortunately this does not seem to apply everywhere, because as you can see there is no rotation of 90 or 180 or -90 degrees that will get the wing bones aligned. So there should be something more in the file that i am missing right now. I am working on some values that i found, i hope i can fix it once and for all this time.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pokemon Battle Revolution Bones [Problem]
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 5:57 pm 
Offline
veteran

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:42 am
Posts: 104
Has thanked: 34 times
Have thanks: 1 time
OK Thank you. Did you also know that some of the models don't show how the game shows when they are textured? Can you also fix that?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pokemon Battle Revolution Bones [Problem]
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 11:16 pm 
Offline
advanced

Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:17 pm
Posts: 69
Has thanked: 2 times
Have thanks: 8 times
Escope12 wrote:
OK Thank you. Did you also know that some of the models don't show how the game shows when they are textured? Can you also fix that?



I tried a completely different way of reading and storing the bones, thinking that this was the cause of the mistakes, but again i ended up on a failure. I guess i'll have to wait until someone more experienced offers to help me, or to think of something new to apply :P


I did not understand your question to be honest. Do you have any pics to show me? I do not own the game, i've also never played it xD i am just messing around with the files so i don't know how they show up ingame.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pokemon Battle Revolution Bones [Problem]
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:40 pm 
Offline
veteran

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:42 am
Posts: 104
Has thanked: 34 times
Have thanks: 1 time
gregkwaste wrote:
Escope12 wrote:
OK Thank you. Did you also know that some of the models don't show how the game shows when they are textured? Can you also fix that?



I tried a completely different way of reading and storing the bones, thinking that this was the cause of the mistakes, but again i ended up on a failure. I guess i'll have to wait until someone more experienced offers to help me, or to think of something new to apply :P


I did not understand your question to be honest. Do you have any pics to show me? I do not own the game, i've also never played it xD i am just messing around with the files so i don't know how they show up ingame.


Here is a picture to prove it.


Attachments:


You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. Register to gain access.



Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pokemon Battle Revolution Bones [Problem]
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:54 pm 
Offline
advanced

Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:17 pm
Posts: 69
Has thanked: 2 times
Have thanks: 8 times
Escope12 wrote:
gregkwaste wrote:
Escope12 wrote:
OK Thank you. Did you also know that some of the models don't show how the game shows when they are textured? Can you also fix that?



I tried a completely different way of reading and storing the bones, thinking that this was the cause of the mistakes, but again i ended up on a failure. I guess i'll have to wait until someone more experienced offers to help me, or to think of something new to apply :P


I did not understand your question to be honest. Do you have any pics to show me? I do not own the game, i've also never played it xD i am just messing around with the files so i don't know how they show up ingame.


Here is a picture to prove it.


This is a blender screenshot mate, i see how it looks like in there. Post an ingame screenshot so i can see the difference.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pokemon Battle Revolution Bones [Problem]
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:38 pm 
Offline
veteran

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:42 am
Posts: 104
Has thanked: 34 times
Have thanks: 1 time
Hare is a ingame picture


Attachments:


You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. Register to gain access.



Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pokemon Battle Revolution Bones [Problem]
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:31 pm 
Offline
advanced

Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:17 pm
Posts: 69
Has thanked: 2 times
Have thanks: 8 times
Escope12 wrote:
Hare is a ingame picture


sorry for the late response,

i don't see something wrong. Its just the lighting effects that are applied from the game engine. If you notice, all model textures are as mate as hell. There are minor details on them.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Simguy and 14 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group