XeNTaX Forum Index
Forum MultiEx Commander Tools Tools Home
It is currently Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:42 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Webgl extraction anyone?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:44 am 
advanced

Have thanks: 1 time

Hello everyone, I have stumbled across a few various sites with models that you can view in your browser, including (sketchfab, and p3d.in) There is a large variety of 3d content on those sites that would be really nice to have. I have used a way to get the texture files from both of the sites but I still can't manage to get the models themselves. From viewing my cache files I have come to realize that sketchfab models are stored in .bin format, and p3d.in is stored in .js format which I assume means java script (also it is good to note that on p3d.in you can only upload .obj so every model was uploaded as.obj format if that helps). I am wondering if any of you out there can help me by trying to extract the model data rather than the textures that I am already able to obtain. Hope someone can help out :) Thanks

You can make the ads go away by registering

Post subject: Re: Webgl extraction anyone?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:54 am 
veteran

Have thanks: 8 times
for a long while there were some of this forums top people working on the format or a solution that might allow one to grab the files,either by ripping them using a browser plugin or by using the files downloaded to your cache folder. one person made progress but could only get the file to show up inbrowser but not in a 3d program. another person came close to cracking the formula but then most of the research hit a snag when the owner of SketchFab hit the forums and start to ask that any tools be removed and any reseach halted. that was about the last I read of the research on this topic.

I ,aswell, would love such a tool but it is what it is and so, with all due respect, I am not sure a tool will be publicly made as much as many of us might like one. but I could be wrong. we'll just have to see what the rest of the forum says about it.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:49 pm 
advanced

octaviousrex wrote:
for a long while there were some of this forums top people working on the format or a solution that might allow one to grab the files,either by ripping them using a browser plugin or by using the files downloaded to your cache folder. one person made progress but could only get the file to show up inbrowser but not in a 3d program. another person came close to cracking the formula but then most of the research hit a snag when the owner of SketchFab hit the forums and start to ask that any tools be removed and any reseach halted. that was about the last I read of the research on this topic.

I ,aswell, would love such a tool but it is what it is and so, with all due respect, I am not sure a tool will be publicly made as much as many of us might like one. but I could be wrong. we'll just have to see what the rest of the forum says about it.

Yes I strongly agree with you, I am able to extract models and view it in my browser but I am only trying to view it in a 3d program like blender. Thanks for the response to :)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:44 am 
n00b

Have thanks: 16 times
I decided to create a script for downloading .obj files from p3d.in.
You can find it at https://github.com/reinitialized/p3d-dl

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:28 pm 
veteran

Have thanks: 4 times
I'd really like for this to work but I have no experience with the process, I'm currently attempting to dl a different model on the website by plugging in the id of the model into this link http://reinitialized.com/p3d-dl.php?id=????? but, no luck.
Some questions I have are:
Am I on the right track?
will this work in Firefox?
what might I be doing wrong?

Thanks for any Advice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:35 pm 
n00b

Modman69 wrote:
I'd really like for this to work but I have no experience with the process, I'm currently attempting to dl a different model on the website by plugging in the id of the model into this link http://reinitialized.com/p3d-dl.php?id=????? but, no luck.
Some questions I have are:
Am I on the right track?
will this work in Firefox?
what might I be doing wrong?

Thanks for any Advice

This should work in both Chrome and Firefox now.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:16 pm 
veteran

Hi Reinitialized,

Thank you for the quick reply and update, I see now that the download dialogue appears for many models now, but the main model I'm looking to download and open in blender is this id "Q8Dx8"
however I cannot download this one, nor open the other models within blender (only the test model you provided).
I'm using blender 2.69, I wonder if that could be a problem with the models not importing?

also, if you get a moment can you try that id and see if it is downloadable (I believe it is a 20mb model).

Thanks for your time and help!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:38 pm 
n00b

Modman,
The script generates a ~125mb .obj file (client-side) for this particular model (Q8Dx8).
You will have to wait for the script to terminate (which took ~2 min on my PC), at which point it will save the generated .obj.
Also, I have had no trouble importing this file, nor others, into Blender (v2.69 r60995) using File->Import->Wavefront(.Obj).
If there is a particular model you are having trouble importing into Blender, let me know.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:57 pm 
advanced

Reinitialized wrote:
Modman,
The script generates a ~125mb .obj file (client-side) for this particular model (Q8Dx8).
You will have to wait for the script to terminate (which took ~2 min on my PC), at which point it will save the generated .obj.
Also, I have had no trouble importing this file, nor others, into Blender (v2.69 r60995) using File->Import->Wavefront(.Obj).
If there is a particular model you are having trouble importing into Blender, let me know.

You sir, are the f*cken man!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:12 am 
veteran

So far from my experimentation with these models my results are:
(C4roc, O3o1g, 6OwzT, k4GMk) downloadable and importable into blender 2.69 no issues.
(x3LRS, ddsNM) downloadable but unable to import in blender.
(Q8Dx8) still unable to download.

note: I have disabled my antivirus and cleared history in firefox then waited 20 min for downloading of Q8Dx8 (firefox usually crashes then upon restart it comes up with the save dialog but is 0kb)

I'll be attempting to try a different browser for now.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:16 am 
advanced

Modman69 wrote:
So far from my experimentation with these models my results are:
(C4roc, O3o1g, 6OwzT, k4GMk) downloadable and importable into blender 2.69 no issues.
(x3LRS, ddsNM) downloadable but unable to import in blender.
(Q8Dx8) still unable to download.

note: I have disabled my antivirus and cleared history in firefox then waited 20 min for downloading of Q8Dx8 (firefox usually crashes then upon restart it comes up with the save dialog but is 0kb)

I'll be attempting to try a different browser for now.

I can do this way in firefox and everything imports and exports perfect, it depends on the size of the file as to how long you will have to wait

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:05 am 
veteran

Okay, download finally worked and imported beautifully,

The problem appears to be the PC I was on like maybe not enough memory or something else IDK, but I switched PCs and voila! NP.

Thanks a lot for the script works great!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:56 am 
advanced

Reinitialized wrote:
Modman,

I sent you a pm

Last edited by Jaydenthetank on Fri May 19, 2017 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:04 pm 
n00b

I have created a userscript for downloading .obj files from Sketchfab.
It's pretty incomplete, (no UV mapping, not all models work, etc.).
You can get it at https://github.com/reinitialized/sketchfab-dl-script

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:19 pm 
veteran

Sorry to be so inexperienced but could someone please explain to me how to do this!

I installed grease monkey for firefox but cant figure out the right way to install the script and what I would do after install. such as what information or link to put where.

It's probably quite simple, I just need some fill in details to get started.

Thanks

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next