XeNTaX Forum Index
Forum MultiEx Commander Tools Tools Home
It is currently Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:49 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Forum rules


Please click here to view the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 726 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 49  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: WebGL ripping of a model from sketchfab
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:32 am 
Offline
mega-veteran
mega-veteran
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:37 am
Posts: 310
Has thanked: 16 times
Have thanks: 165 times

M0fD wrote:
the others models aren't for selling so I put some limits here, I'm not gonna steal something that can bring money to the owner.

1. Just because the authors havn't sold them doesn't mean that they'll be pleased to know their works being taken without their permission.
The worse thing, they didn't even notice it, probably never will they.
2. Why would you feel that it would make any difference whether these models are for sale or not? You think those owners who havn't sold their works do NOT
deserve the same copyright as those who do? Or is MONEY the only perspective that you can come up with to measure the value of their works?
3. What if the authors have the intention to sell their works one day in the future while you'd already made them public?
4. Your so-called "limits" won't produce any actual effects coz they can just create another account and start over again.
M0fD wrote:
I think I will say "if it's not me it will be someone else". if I stop ripping, someone else, like I said earlier, gonna do it and maybe this time he gonna rip the models for sale.

Oh, so you're doing this to help people save money? How considerate! But are you aware that you're using devious means to maintain your unwarrantable interests? And how do you know you're not helping one of these guys? In the end the original authors are supposed to become the biggest victims anyway.
M0fD wrote:
I also create 3d models who were already ripped by others. So what ?

Are you the author of all these works that you made public? No. So stop acting like you were. It's not up to you even if you don't care about your works being ripped.
M0fD wrote:
This topic is called "WebGL ripping of a model from sketchfab" not "Swiper, no swiping !".
"What did you expect ?"

Nobody says this topic is a reasonable existence. You can keep ripping whatever you like because nobody can stop you from doing it.
But promulgating infringing contents in the forum is totally another matter. You cannot control what others do but you're responsible for your own action.

You can make the ads go away by registering


_________________
"No investigation means no right to speak."
An Imitable Workflow for Reverse Engineering a Game Model

Don't forget to thank people by clicking the Image when you get helped.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: WebGL ripping of a model from sketchfab
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:56 am 
Offline
veteran
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:05 pm
Posts: 127
Has thanked: 16 times
Have thanks: 23 times
Well I don't why you focusing on me but this topic is five years old and I am not the first here not the latest so you are a little late to play heros.

I can stop if you want but other people can replace me in no time and it's not like I am the one, what is already the case.

Oh, by the way, did you check the others topics of the forum ? I remember seeing a lot about ripping models from video games so maybe you can yell at them too...

Maybe you didn't know what Xentax is in the first place and I don't know why you are here or perhaps ripping models from games is authorized and it's not illegal cuz I saw you are very active in the subject so my bad, I didn't see the difference.

_________________
1. Ninja Ripper doesn't work with Sketchfab

2. Don't distribute the extraction method

3. Three models only

4. No buyable models


ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: WebGL ripping of a model from sketchfab
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:12 am 
Offline
mega-veteran
mega-veteran
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:37 am
Posts: 310
Has thanked: 16 times
Have thanks: 165 times
M0fD wrote:
Well I don't why you focusing on me but this topic is five years old and I am not the first here not the latest

But you're the one who seems to enjoy most playing around with it.
M0fD wrote:
but other people can replace me in no time

Yeah, we shall see.
M0fD wrote:
I remember seeing a lot about ripping models from video games so maybe you can yell at them too...

Why would I do? I never objected to extracting models from games, because no one tells you can't do it. There's a difference. But promulgating contents ripped from a CG site despite its owner has already declared his stance solemnly is crossing lines here.
M0fD wrote:
Maybe you didn't know what Xentax is in the first place

It's called the Game Researching Forum and please, read the forum rules.
M0fD wrote:
or perhaps ripping models from games is authorized and it's not illegal

I never said it's authorized, same as I never said it's illegal. So long as you don't infringe interests of the company we can all live in peace.
M0fD wrote:
I saw you are very active in the subject so my bad, I didn't see the difference.

Never counted on it.

_________________
"No investigation means no right to speak."
An Imitable Workflow for Reverse Engineering a Game Model

Don't forget to thank people by clicking the Image when you get helped.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: WebGL ripping of a model from sketchfab
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:22 pm 
Offline
veteran
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:05 pm
Posts: 127
Has thanked: 16 times
Have thanks: 23 times
Bigchillghost wrote:
Yeah, we shall see.


Like I said, you're 5 years late so I assumed that a topic this old was allowed since it's not deleted yet.

Bigchillghost wrote:
The worse thing, they didn't even notice it, probably never will they.

Bigchillghost wrote:
I never objected to extracting models from games, because no one tells you can't do it.


That make sense ! There is the difference between a bad thief and a good thief, the bad thief see a model and steal it; the good thief see a model and steal it... but he's good !

Bigchillghost wrote:
It's called the Game Researching Forum and please, read the forum rules.


Ok, I'll sent only private message now ^^

boundray wrote:


Pm sent.

_________________
1. Ninja Ripper doesn't work with Sketchfab

2. Don't distribute the extraction method

3. Three models only

4. No buyable models


ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: WebGL ripping of a model from sketchfab
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:52 pm 
Offline
mega-veteran
mega-veteran
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:37 am
Posts: 310
Has thanked: 16 times
Have thanks: 165 times
M0fD wrote:
Like I said, you're 5 years late

I joined this forum on Jul 05, 2016. And I'd been occupied with my own projects in the following two years. How can I be late for five years? Did you learn your math from your gym teacher?
M0fD wrote:
so I assumed that a topic this old was allowed since it's not deleted yet.

The only reason that this topic hadn't been deleted by that time is because people involved in this removed all those contents belonging to the users of that site and stopped researching on it anymore. But the author who created this thread just didn't rename the topic. And since Feb 21, 2018 when you made your first post in this thread on page 19, the remaining pages are full of requests created by one-off users, and your posts providing links to the infringing contents. Why hasn't this thread been deleted yet? As long as people from that site havn't kicked the door again everyone here are playing wait-and-see.
M0fD wrote:
That make sense ! There is the difference between a bad thief and a good thief, the bad thief see a model and steal it; the good thief see a model and steal it... but he's good !

You're the one not making sense. Be careful with the word you chose. Many users here are pure hobbyists of reverse engineering, me included, and researching model formats is just an entertainment to relax their minds, but they're not responsible for how you use the tools they created.
M0fD wrote:
Ok, I'll sent only private message now

It really won't make much difference between you delivering it to one person and more. Everyone now see what you're doing, privately or publicly.
But as a saying goes, out of sight, out of mind. Whatever.

_________________
"No investigation means no right to speak."
An Imitable Workflow for Reverse Engineering a Game Model

Don't forget to thank people by clicking the Image when you get helped.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: WebGL ripping of a model from sketchfab
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:56 pm 
Offline
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 8:21 pm
Posts: 279
Location: Poland Głogów
Has thanked: 16 times
Have thanks: 552 times
I see only M0fD help people to get models from sketchfab.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: WebGL ripping of a model from sketchfab
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:11 pm 
Offline
veteran
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:05 pm
Posts: 127
Has thanked: 16 times
Have thanks: 23 times
Bigchillghost wrote:
M0fD wrote:
Like I said, you're 5 years late

I joined this forum on Jul 05, 2016. And I'd been occupied with my own projects in the following two years. How can I be late for five years? Did you learn your math from your gym teacher?


I was talking about the date of creation of the topic.

Bigchillghost wrote:
Many users here are pure hobbyists of reverse engineering, me included, and researching model formats is just an entertainment to relax their minds, but they're not responsible for how you use the tools they created.


Same for me, I help people to learn from other models, I'm not responsable of what they do after that.

Szkaradek123 wrote:
I see only M0fD help people to get models from sketchfab.


Nope, you have Sketchfab (member, not the site) too who help me a lot and shakotay2 who teach me a lot too whith his posts, like hex to obj ^^
Also lot of people helped to extract from Artstation or Sketchfab way before myself.

_________________
1. Ninja Ripper doesn't work with Sketchfab

2. Don't distribute the extraction method

3. Three models only

4. No buyable models


ImageImage


Last edited by M0fD on Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: WebGL ripping of a model from sketchfab
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:27 pm 
Offline
mega-veteran
mega-veteran
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:37 am
Posts: 310
Has thanked: 16 times
Have thanks: 165 times
M0fD wrote:
I help people to learn from other models, I'm not responsable of what they do after that.

Save it! If they truely are going to learn something, they wouldn't bother to rip them from the site. You're the one who sent directly the infringing contents to them so don't behave as if you're innocent.
Szkaradek123 wrote:
I see only M0fD help people to get models from sketchfab.

M0fD wrote:
Sketchfab too who help me a lot

Things of one kind come together.; Birds of a feather flock together.
I'm done here.

_________________
"No investigation means no right to speak."
An Imitable Workflow for Reverse Engineering a Game Model

Don't forget to thank people by clicking the Image when you get helped.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: WebGL ripping of a model from sketchfab
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:38 pm 
Offline
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:24 am
Posts: 2381
Location: Nexus, searching for Jim Kirk
Has thanked: 560 times
Have thanks: 1241 times
M0fD wrote:
and shakotay2 who teach me a lot too whith his posts, like hex to obj ^^
Since you mentioned me personally I feel obliged to put in my two cents here.
I was showing reverse engineering methods, yes:
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=10668&p=90209&hilit=+violated#p90209

But presenting model data from sketchfab on xentax is violating copyrights as I've been told.

(I wouldn't judge about what you're doing via pms, of course.)

_________________
Bigchillghost, Reverse Engineering a Game Model: http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=17889
extracting simple models: http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=10894
Make_H2O-ForzaHor3-jm9.zip


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: WebGL ripping of a model from sketchfab
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:12 pm 
Offline
veteran
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:05 pm
Posts: 127
Has thanked: 16 times
Have thanks: 23 times
shakotay2 wrote:
M0fD wrote:
and shakotay2 who teach me a lot too whith his posts, like hex to obj ^^
Since you mentioned me personally I feel obliged to put in my two cents here.
I was showing reverse engineering methods, yes:
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=10668&p=90209&hilit=+violated#p90209



I know but when I was talking about you, I didn't say that you ripped models from sketchfab, I was talking about your script and stuff don't worry, I almost read all your posts ^^

shakotay2 wrote:
But presenting model data from sketchfab on xentax is violating copyrights as I've been told.



That's why I removed all my links and no longer post them here.

_________________
1. Ninja Ripper doesn't work with Sketchfab

2. Don't distribute the extraction method

3. Three models only

4. No buyable models


ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: WebGL ripping of a model from sketchfab
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:12 pm 
Offline
ultra-n00b

Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:07 pm
Posts: 1
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 0 time
I have been trying to rip this model for a while now, with no success: https://sketchfab.com/models/ff16f200fd504155b7cbf84aa445d19d I need it for 3d printing for drawing reference. Can someone help me?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: WebGL ripping of a model from sketchfab
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:20 am 
Offline
beginner
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:36 pm
Posts: 24
Has thanked: 11 times
Have thanks: 14 times
Hi guys,
I can get models too, if anyone needs one that sends me a private message.

@zorfake pm sent :wink:

Regards!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: WebGL ripping of a model from sketchfab
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:54 pm 
Offline
veteran
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:05 pm
Posts: 127
Has thanked: 16 times
Have thanks: 23 times
tpcrew wrote:
Hi guys,
I can get models too, if anyone needs one that sends me a private message.

@zorfake pm sent :wink:

Regards!


Great, I feel less alone now ^^

That's a good exemple about others ripping models for sale unlike me.

Well that's mean less work for me and that's exactly what I needed because in one month I start my association with some people for another work, so not enough time for ripping as much as before.

_________________
1. Ninja Ripper doesn't work with Sketchfab

2. Don't distribute the extraction method

3. Three models only

4. No buyable models


ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: WebGL ripping of a model from sketchfab
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:21 pm 
Offline
beginner
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:36 pm
Posts: 24
Has thanked: 11 times
Have thanks: 14 times
M0fD wrote:
tpcrew wrote:
Hi guys,
I can get models too, if anyone needs one that sends me a private message.

@zorfake pm sent :wink:

Regards!


Great, I feel less alone now ^^

That's a good exemple about others ripping models for sale unlike me.

Well that's mean less work for me and that's exactly what I needed because in one month I start my association with some people for another work, so not enough time for ripping as much as before.


I don't have much time either, but I will try to send the requests as quickly as possible.
Regards!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: WebGL ripping of a model from sketchfab
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:53 pm 
Offline
veteran
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:05 pm
Posts: 127
Has thanked: 16 times
Have thanks: 23 times
tpcrew wrote:
I don't have much time either, but I will try to send the requests as quickly as possible.
Regards!


We can work together lol


_________________
1. Ninja Ripper doesn't work with Sketchfab

2. Don't distribute the extraction method

3. Three models only

4. No buyable models


ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 726 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 49  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: RandomTBush and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group