XeNTaX Forum Index
Forum MultiEx Commander Tools Tools Home
It is currently Sun May 20, 2018 1:06 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 461 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 31  Next
 Post subject: Re: WebGL ripping of a model from sketchfab
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:50 pm 
n00b

Have thanks: 2 times

I apologize in advance because I can't distribute this tool.

You can make the ads go away by registering

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:24 pm 
beginner

Have thanks: 0 time
sketchfab wrote:
I apologize in advance because I can't distribute this tool.

So maybe you'll give us any hint what is the base of your tool, is it any decoder for binary files or an java script able to intercept data from webpage or something else? There are many clever heads and I think many people will be glad to know how it's possible to develop their own tools.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:45 pm 
n00b

I can't give inner details, but what I used is something I built using C++ and it's not related to the browser itself.
I mean it works directly with the model package.
I have to admit it took a long time to complete the analysis, but once you do that it becomes so easy.

Sorry again for not sharing this in public but I have my own reasons.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:58 pm 
beginner

sketchfab wrote:
I can't give inner details, but what I used is something I built using C++ and it's not related to the browser itself.
I mean it works directly with the model package.
I have to admit it took a long time to complete the analysis, but once you do that it becomes so easy.

Sorry again for not sharing this in public but I have my own reasons.

Thank you for this explanation. I thought also it can be a some converter for model binary sources.
I had a couple of ideas about possible ways to do it too, but my lack of knowledge doesn't allow me to test these ideas by myself. The first one was that SF has many exporters for 3d Max, Blender etc, able to convert any OBJ or FBX to the Sketchfab format (https://sketchfab.com/exporters) and so it must be a way to build the opposite-working converter from SF format to OBJ, FBX etc. The other idea was that sketchfab developes use OSGJS (as it is stated at the website it's a WebGL framework based on OpenSceneGraph concepts. It allows an individual to use an "OpenSceneGraph-like" toolbox to interact with WebGL via JavaScript, and provides facilities for exporting various assets to the osgjs format - http://osgjs.org/. It's freely downloadable and has some documentation. The OpenSceneGraph distributive is also available here - http://www.openscenegraph.org/ and it seems to have some OSGCONV plugin for converting obj, 3ds and other regular 3d formats to their native osg format (http://www.openscenegraph.org/index.php ... 55-osgconv) and it can be further converted to osgjs. Look here https://github.com/cedricpinson/osgjs/w ... l-with-OSG and https://stackoverflow.com/questions/266 ... gjs-format
So I suppose there must be a way to write a backwards converter able to convert from osgis to osg and further from osg to obj, fbx or any usable format. Maybe my guess is not more than a shot in the dark, but it may give a ground for some more clever minds here. The existence of your tool may confirm my thoughts...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:20 pm 
n00b

@Ditta

Are you interested in ripping a specific model or just doing this as a hobby ?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:24 am 
ultra-n00b

@sketchfab
Was surprised to come across something like this that was active, in any case if you're doing free rips, care to grab me these?
https://sketchfab.com/models/c7ef08c483 ... 28f568a5ef
https://sketchfab.com/models/c74748f3e2 ... 64d888abe4
You can get textures right?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:29 am 
beginner

sketchfab wrote:
@Ditta

Are you interested in ripping a specific model or just doing this as a hobby ?

Yes, it's more like a part of hobby (I'm hobbyist in 3d in general and consider sketchfab as a nice source of useful models, which can be a good starting point). This saves a lot of time. So I'd like to find a common way to borrow models, other using rippers.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:54 am 
n00b

@ Gagnetar : Sorry but I explained earlier that I don't free rips.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:59 am 
ultra-n00b

sketchfab wrote:
@ Gagnetar : Sorry but I explained earlier that I don't free rips.

how about paid rips?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:03 pm 
n00b

I can't do that in this forum because it's against the rules.

but you can contact me in a private message.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:45 am 
ultra-n00b

For people that have two neurons to rub together, it was pretty obvious with those that understand the protocol and process that it could be done. It's just a matter of knowledge and know-how. Thanks for the 411 Sketchfab!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:45 am 
ultra-n00b

Bleh. Signed up just to say this because it bugs me to have one slip in just to say "I can get what you can't but if you pay me, I'll do it for you," even if he didn't actually say it so many words.

So, point A. Back in early november, you could rip fab models, despite the new security, but only animations. I know this because I finally went to snag some stuff I had on a list and all but one of them is the familiar mess. That last one has the mess in the rip, but also has the full model. This item was the only animation.

Of course, this data is 2 months old, so they may have fixed that flaw. Also, since they know about this site, if they aren't aware of the flaw, they are now.

Point B. As was noted on page 13, there is a screen space transform built into the shader. Further, the way each model is distorted is basically the same. This is instructive. Combine this with point A, and it suggests either a one time "encryption" of the mesh, and if you can suss out how the shader is transforming it, you can recreate it, or each mesh is "compressed" (flattened) with a unique transformation that results in the meshe's cubic shape. Either way, the thing that undoes the mess lives in the shader, not the model. This way, basic GL injection attacks get a useless mesh, but the viewer displays the real deal. The mesh is always cubic. It's just being drawn at render time as if it weren't. Epic displacement, if you will.

My point? The question you need to starting with, for the various modders and researchers on this forum, is "How do I get a look at the shader?" The beginning of the solution is in there. Without that, you can't reconstruct the models. And seeing as how someone claims to have done it in a forum fab monitors, it means the clock on them breaking that hack is already running. (Unless they are idiots, they know that any DRM scheme will be defeated, so odds are they aren't sitting on their butts convinced they've won.)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:35 pm 
n00b

This is your opinion and you can say what you like.
I wasn't able to understand your analysis, maybe It's beyond my skills or maybe it's inaccurate.

The point is, Sketchfab company watches many forums including this, and they know that nothing can stop
a skilled person from getting what he wants.
Until now no one on their side has contacted me and probably won't do, but I can assure you they didn't win in this.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:27 pm 
ultra-n00b

sketchfab wrote:
This is your opinion and you can say what you like.
I wasn't able to understand your analysis, maybe It's beyond my skills or maybe it's inaccurate.

The point is, Sketchfab company watches many forums including this, and they know that nothing can stop
a skilled person from getting what he wants.
Until now no one on their side has contacted me and probably won't do, but I can assure you they didn't win in this.

Hi I spent maybe one week to get this model but I just can't get it right... https://sketchfab.com/models/44d6335a086a45fda8429c97e6ef8b9a I get the all textures but not the geometry..

If you can get it for me till ninja get update... You'll give me a good hand. I tried to contact the guy on sketchfab but no answer...

Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:20 am 
beginner

Quote:
Point B. As was noted on page 13, there is a screen space transform built into the shader. Further, the way each model is distorted is basically the same. This is instructive. Combine this with point A, and it suggests either a one time "encryption" of the mesh, and if you can suss out how the shader is transforming it, you can recreate it, or each mesh is "compressed" (flattened) with a unique transformation that results in the meshe's cubic shape. Either way, the thing that undoes the mess lives in the shader, not the model. This way, basic GL injection attacks get a useless mesh, but the viewer displays the real deal. The mesh is always cubic. It's just being drawn at render time as if it weren't. Epic displacement, if you will."

Hey, I've just remembered that the newest Ninja Ripper (v 1.7.1) is able to save shader info about models. Just go to its Settings and check Save Shaders (for experts). After this NR will generate a separate folder named Shaders and save a number of shader files with .ps and .vs extensions (Shader 0000, Shader 0001) etc. All of them can be opened with a basic text editor like Notepad or Bred3 (I use the last one) and contain the brief text info like this sample from one such PS file I ripped -

//
// Generated by Microsoft (R) HLSL Shader Compiler 6.3.9600.18611
//
// Parameters:
//
// float4 _webgl_e46e1f01f014c9b8;
//
//
// Registers:
//
// Name Reg Size
// ----------------------- ----- ----
// _webgl_e46e1f01f014c9b8 c3 1
//

ps_3_0
def c0, 0.00392156886, 0, 0, 0
def c1, 1, 255, 65025, 16581375
dcl_color v0.zw
mad r0.x, -v0.z, v0.w, -c3.x
mul r0.x, r0.x, c3.w
mul r0, r0.x, c1
frc r0, r0
mad oC0, r0.yzww, -c0.xxxy, r0

// approximately 5 instruction slots used

(Sorry, I didn't find the spoiler code in the forum message editor, so I post the full fragment). The corresponding VS file looks similarly, just longer. I don't know if this info is valuable and helpful to reconstruct the model, but at any case I decided to share it here. Obviously it contains some coordinates. So I hope it can help you in your research.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 461 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 31  Next