XeNTaX Forum Index
Forum MultiEx Commander Tools Tools Home
It is currently Sun May 27, 2018 4:31 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 471 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 32  Next
 Post subject: Re: WebGL ripping of a model from sketchfab
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:22 pm 
advanced

Have thanks: 1 time

You can make the ads go away by registering

I thought the bin files were just the files inside the .gz, if so then the ripper isn't doing much

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:49 pm 
ultra-n00b

Have thanks: 0 time
i managed to get it work the ninjaripper 1.7.1 and de maxscript, but the model is like deformed but with patience you can solve this, i don't know if you can update the script with the correct form (or i am doing something wrong) here i attached what i got on 3ds max 2015.
Firefox ver: 49.0.1

Also
I tried the script tempermonkey on firefox 57.0.2 and chrome an and i got an error "script failed something changed on sketchfab"

Attachments:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. Register to gain access.

Last edited by kevmeister on Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:52 pm 
ultra-n00b

this is what the original models looks
(is a free model so i downloaded to compare what i extract to what it should show

Attachments:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. Register to gain access.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:32 pm 
ultra-n00b

Guys, help, please, to extract this model.
https://sketchfab.com/models/6558336766 ... 4f0215eb95

I can not. and all my solutions fail

i would really appreciate it thx

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:41 am 
advanced

I emailed the guy that updated the code, and he admitted it doesn't work, so don't get your hopes up

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:43 am 
ultra-n00b

Oh I understand !!!

Thank you

and there is another method?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:12 pm 
beginner

Jaydenthetank wrote:
I thought the bin files were just the files inside the .gz, if so then the ripper isn't doing much

Speaking about these bin files, how to get them unarchived without .GZ extension either via this updated script or by any other way? I can find zipped model.bin.gz in my Chrome cache but cannot unarchive them with WinZip, Winrar, 7-zip althouth I use all latest versions. How to use the script to get them?
And the second question - which tool is better to use to convert these BIN files to OBJ? I found 2 nice programs named Model Inspector (http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=14648) and 3D Model Researcher (http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=16163), but I don't know exactly how to use them on these sketchfab models. I know that I need 2 files - the actual model.bin file which contains the actual geometry and the second file - file.osgjs.gz, which contains the tree structure of the model. I understand that I should load the model.bin file into the application for hacking, but where I should seek for count of vertices, offset etc? In the second file? i tested the first program, Model Inspector, it runs on my PC, but has no graphic output, and the second one (3D Model Researcher) I cannot run on my Windows 7 x64, because it requires api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll. If anyone is able to run this app, maybe you have a try on some sketchfab binary files. It seems, some data like vertices count can be found easily in these suppoting model cached files and some must be found via Hex editor. Which exactly? If we get the ready algorithm where to seek data for rebuilding sketchfab models from their binary sources, it would have the life much easier. Maybe someone can write a script to simplify all the process.
And the last but not least - how to get any info about scaling of model parts? Ripping allows to get models but distorted, and I'll have to scale them casually in 3dMax by Z axis by hand. But I cannot get the righ proportions of a model or its parts. Can this info be found in these binary sources? When the ripper flattens the model down, which is the percent of this flattening - 25 percent or 50 or another number? Or it differs from a model to a model?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:31 am 
advanced

Maybe try winzip or haozip

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:39 am 
beginner

Jaydenthetank wrote:
Maybe try winzip or haozip

No, it did not work for me, but I found an unexpected solution - I found the straight "https" links to these model.bin.gz files in the Network tab of my Chrome's Developer tools and downloaded them with Download Master (the latest version). And I found that DM can automatically inpack these new type of archives and so I got the unarchived binary files for every model I want. I download both model.bin and wireframe.bin files and osgis.txt but I don't know how to find the proper data for them in hex editor to build a 3d model even without UVs. If anyone tries it and posts a sample, I would be very grateful.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:36 pm 
n00b

Have thanks: 2 times
As a person who can extract any model from sketchfab, I can assure you that automated tools are not that good.

some analysis and knowledge are required to get a reasonable result in a short time.

for example this model is not so complicated : https://sketchfab.com/models/597bc8e365 ... 871277b695

https://www.sendspace.com/file/b2shev

using ninja ripper or other tools is not supported with all browsers, and the 64/32 bit versions will make most browsers fail.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:36 am 
advanced

Thanks for the cheeky brag

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:32 am 
n00b

I didn't mean to brag, just explaining a technical point.

here is your dragon : https://www.sendspace.com/file/3w599v

General note : I'm not going to do other models on demand so I hope no one asks.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:09 pm 
beginner

sketchfab wrote:
I didn't mean to brag, just explaining a technical point.

here is your dragon : https://www.sendspace.com/file/3w599v

General note : I'm not going to do other models on demand so I hope no one asks.

did you use ninjaripper to do this or a custom tool?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:45 pm 
n00b

I'm an experienced programmer so I used my knowledge to write a custom tool.

I apologize in advance because I can't distribute this tool.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:46 pm 
beginner

Yes, sketchfab, I'd like to know too how you can extract any sketchfab model - did you use the binary sources to hack with hex editors or did some manipulations with ripped files? Please, share your secret to public and the amount of people who can ask you to rip a model for them will lessen considerably. For me, ripping works in general but I cannot get the exact shape and proportions of models in 3D Max later. For complex architectural models it is especially important. So I dream to get even approximated version of such models, maybe with missing UVs or holes, but with right proportions - so the ripped models can be fitted and sized properly to those ones. So far I had no success with tools like HextoObj, because of problems with generating faces. So I wonder is it right to use the file osgys.txt as a guide to get right offsets and counts of vertices and faces or it is always misleading. I even thought - if my browser uses some javascripts to show 3d models from these loaded binary sources, so it must be a possible way to write a script, able to load the same BIN sources from a local folder on C disk and then show them in the browser with an ability to export them as OBJ. If my idea has a bit of truth, maybe one day we'll see such a tool too.
So I hope you'll get a way to rip SF models so easily as you told us and can share this technique here.
If you can distribute your tool, then maybe give others a hint what it looks like?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 471 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 32  Next