XeNTaX Forum Index
Forum MultiEx Commander Tools Tools Home
It is currently Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:21 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Noesis Python Plugin Help(.npak files)
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:45 pm 
ultra-n00b

Have thanks: 0 time

You can make the ads go away by registering

Hello XeNTaX members,
I've recently got into creating GMOD PMs and I wanted to create some player models of characters from One Piece Burning Blood. So I searched for some extracted 3D models from the game. I found some, but they weren't the ones I was looking for. I believe there is a person who knows how to view the models in Noesis and export them to .fbx files, but I think he's inactive as he didn't reply to my PM. So I decided to try learning how to extract 3D models this week to get them myself. I was able to extract .scz files from the .cpk file in the steam folder from some script I found online and found .npak, .npkv, and .npki files from the .scz files using a different script I found online. From what I found online, ".npk(.npak) is model information,.npki is raw model vertex and face data, and .npkv is raw texture buffer." I have no idea what .npki and .npkv are for, but .npak seems like the most important from what I've seen in a hex editor and in a picture on another forum showing the .npak file opened in Noesis with the model. In the .npak file, there were the file names that ended with .bmp and .tga, which I assumed were the textures. Also, the person who uploaded several models from the game kept the same names of the bones, textures, and materials as they appear in the .npak files. I was following Chrrox's tutorial on viewing a basic model in Noesis, but I got lost. I had no idea what to do at the vertex step. For some reason, I can't attach anything to this post. So here's a link with the .npak, .npkv, .npki, and Noesis Python script.
https://mega.nz/#!Lkt2UTRI!4x2ETn9hjRQrKGV8RVL6mPd9NsUvPYK7ugikczBceAc
Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Edit:
If you want to know where I got some of my information, just Google search, "one piece burning blood 3d models." The first two links that show up are what I am referencing.

Post subject: Re: Noesis Python Plugin Help(.npak files)
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:12 pm 
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

Have thanks: 1104 times
Charles01 wrote:
I had no idea what to do at the vertex step.
before creating scripts I'd suggest to get some understanding of the npki model's 3D format:

(using hex2obj, view link in my sig)

Attachments:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. Register to gain access.

"We are Microsoft. You will be assimilated. Resistance is Futile."