XeNTaX Forum Index
Forum MultiEx Commander Tools Tools Home
It is currently Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:15 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Looking for coder(s) to help with a mod for FFVI
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:27 pm 
ultra-n00b

Have thanks: 0 time

Hey, I'm working on a mod for Final Fantasy VI that can be found here https://steamcommunity.com/linkfilter/? ... /index.php?

We've reached the limits of what we can do with the tools that have been released by Nyxo and we were hoping someone could help to expand these tools so that we can finish our mod.

Nyxo's tool FFVI_Explore allows people to edit all of the assets/music in the game except battle animations. We've finished redoing all of the sprites and found there were 3 specific Espers (summons in the game) that cannot be edited because their files are in a part that is locked from editing called the FLB Folder.

Nyxo doesn't have time available to finish the tools, but has given us access to a guide on how to potentially develop one. However, the project lead and I are not coders.

From what I can gather, FLB is a complex file type that is hard to reverse engineer, such that the files are easy to access but hard to put back into the game.

If anyone is interested you can contact me here or on Steam (kvg88) - even if someone could point me in the right direction, any help at this point would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time!

You can make the ads go away by registering