XeNTaX Forum Index
Forum MultiEx Commander Tools Tools Home
It is currently Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:09 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 785 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53
 Post subject: Re: ARchive_neXt
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:31 pm 
ultra-n00b

Have thanks: 0 time

TSelman61X wrote:
LordMustang wrote:
I'm trying to get some building models from AC:U, but whenever I click on a mesh it just crashes.

Unfortunately this is a very common problem. I have the same problem with me. Unfortunately, I don't think it's a cure. We're just unlucky.
The only way you can see this way is by exporting models.

That's a shame, because I don't think Unity updated in any way. If it worked before it means that an update to Archive Next could have broken it.

You can make the ads go away by registering

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:12 pm 
beginner

Have thanks: 1 time
Graesholt wrote:
[...]
How do I export Hair Meshes?
They don’t seem to display anything in the program, and exported .OBJs do not seem to display anything either…?
[...]
Quoting myself to apologise for asking a question I had not properly researched if an answer existed for.
I understand now how to export the .ARX files of the hair meshes, and open these in 3ds max.
However, how I get usefull geometry (akin to what we see here, or on the picture postet by RunaWhite on page 18) out of these files still illudes me.
If anyone is able to help me out, I would be very grateful.

Also, still looking through the files again and again for that one damn Cutlass model .
Please see my previous post for more information, and reply if you have any idea where to find it...

Thanks guys (:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:11 pm 
veteran

Have thanks: 31 times
Graesholt wrote:
Graesholt wrote:
[...]
They don’t seem to display anything in the program, and exported .OBJs do not seem to display anything either…?
[...]
Quoting myself to apologise for asking a question I had not properly researched if an answer existed for.
I understand now how to export the .ARX files of the hair meshes, and open these in 3ds max.
However, how I get usefull geometry (akin to what we see here, or on the picture postet by RunaWhite on page 18) out of these files still illudes me.

Also, still looking through the files again and again for that one damn Cutlass model .
Please see my previous post for more information, and reply if you have any idea where to find it...

Thanks guys (:

I extruded those outlines in Blender, entering Edit Mode with all vertices selected, pressed E and resized a bit to add some volume, then switched back to Object Mode. I did that process with every hair mesh extracted from the files (Lod0,1,2).

I also had to duplicate parts (at least for Arno and Elise from Unity) because that way the hair appeared way too empty and not even close to the original one. I had to do the same with Syndicate even if the meshes are better sorted there.

Last edited by RunaWhite on Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:34 pm 
beginner

Have thanks: 1 time
RunaWhite wrote:
Graesholt wrote:
Graesholt wrote:
[...]
[...]

Thanks guys (:

I extruded those outlines in Blender, entering Edit Mode with all vertices selected, pressed E and resized a bit to add some volume, then switched back to Objec Mode. I did that process with every hair mesh extracted from the files (Lod0,1,2).

I also had to duplicate parts (at least for Arno and Elise from Unity) because that way the hair appeared way too empty and not even close to the original one. I had to do the same with Syndicate even if the meshes are better sorted there.
Didn't expect a reply from RunaWhite himself, but thank you very much for taking the time (:
I'll see what I can get to work, seeing as I have mostly bad experiences with blender ;P

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:44 am 
ultra-n00b

Have thanks: 0 time
Hello, are older version of "ForgeX" still available to download somewhere? I read that it apparently had support for Shaun White Skateboarding, and that's the game files i'm interested in, while ARchive_neXt doesn't support this game. I tried reading the files anyway with another game profile, Prince of persia 2008 is the one that allows me to see the most of the folders tree, but I can't read or preview any textures / models.

Thank you!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 785 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53