XeNTaX Forum Index
Forum MultiEx Commander Tools Tools Home
It is currently Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:07 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Forum rules


Please click here to view the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 196 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: (PC) Dead Spece 2 (.dat)
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:31 am 
Offline
n00b

Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:36 pm
Posts: 12
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 0 time














You can make the ads go away by registering

sirew wrote:
can someone upload gabe's suit, I just need the suit


This would mean somebody would need to import the models from the console, I'm not sure if this is possible.
I only heard about Porting from PS3.
Didn't somebody here said he was already trying to port models from Servered?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: (PC) Dead Spece 2 (.dat)
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:48 am 
Offline
beginner

Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:24 pm
Posts: 26
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 0 time
Aliensoldier wrote:
sirew wrote:
can someone upload gabe's suit, I just need the suit


This would mean somebody would need to import the models from the console, I'm not sure if this is possible.
I only heard about Porting from PS3.
Didn't somebody here said he was already trying to port models from Servered?


owh sorry, I mean the .geo's files not the converted one


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: (PC) Dead Spece 2 (.dat)
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:36 pm 
Offline
n00b

Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:13 am
Posts: 12
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 0 time
sirew wrote:
Aliensoldier wrote:
sirew wrote:
can someone upload gabe's suit, I just need the suit


This would mean somebody would need to import the models from the console, I'm not sure if this is possible.
I only heard about Porting from PS3.
Didn't somebody here said he was already trying to port models from Servered?


owh sorry, I mean the .geo's files not the converted one


str unpacker isnt working with the severed files and I gave Rick a DS2: Severed str file. Have not heard from him since page 10.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: (PC) Dead Spece 2 (.dat)
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:51 pm 
Offline
ultra-n00b

Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:43 pm
Posts: 3
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 0 time
I need those gun sounds =(
Where the hell are they?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: (PC) Dead Spece 2 (.dat)
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:00 pm 
Offline
beginner

Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:24 pm
Posts: 26
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 0 time
jackycalo wrote:
I need those gun sounds =(
Where the hell are they?

HI, have you manage to get those models?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: (PC) Dead Spece 2 (.dat)
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:07 pm 
Offline
ultra-n00b

Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:43 pm
Posts: 3
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 0 time
What? no...
Found some atmosphere, background, audio_log and monster sounds.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: (PC) Dead Spece 2 (.dat)
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:37 pm 
Offline
beginner

Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:24 pm
Posts: 26
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 0 time
jackycalo wrote:
What? no...
Found some atmosphere, background, audio_log and monster sounds.

owh you just found bg model


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: (PC) Dead Spece 2 (.dat)
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:49 am 
Offline
ultra-n00b

Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:43 pm
Posts: 3
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 0 time
bg model?

I want those gun sound files, not some model files.

found this in DS2DAT9: global_assets\global_assets\ds_assets\weapn_str
what now?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: (PC) Dead Spece 2 (.dat)
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:14 pm 
Offline
beginner

Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:24 pm
Posts: 26
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 0 time
jackycalo wrote:
bg model?

I want those gun sound files, not some model files.

found this in DS2DAT9: global_assets\global_assets\ds_assets\weapn_str
what now?


sorry if im making you mad, i'm just asking


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: (PC) Dead Spece 2 (.dat)
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:34 pm 
Offline
ultra-n00b

Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:05 am
Posts: 6
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 1 time
jackycalo wrote:
bg model?

I want those gun sound files, not some model files.

found this in DS2DAT9: global_assets\global_assets\ds_assets\weapn_str
what now?


The good news? .str files can be unpacked via the Command Line using one of the programs in BigViewer (see the attached file for it). They're basically archives, so they can hold all sorts of cool stuff inside, depending on where they're located. In your case, I think that particular .str should be audio-based, but I haven't looked at Dead Space 2's directory organization in a while. Re-check the surrounding folders, just in case it's actually a model archive.

The bad news? The sound files I've found inside .str archives have been in a format called .sbk, which I don't think has been cracked open yet. Same deal with the original Dead Space files. I've already given up trying to understand the .sbk's, but I also don't know much about file formats and coding to begin with, so I wouldn't be surprised if that question's been answered already.


Attachments:


You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. Register to gain access.



Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: (PC) Dead Spece 2 (.dat)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:16 pm 
Offline
ultra-n00b

Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:43 am
Posts: 4
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 0 time
how to replace the files. srt?Game:dead space 2 ps3/BIGFILE2.VIV

Image

I have a file with same name on the desktop (subtitles in Portuguese )and just need to put it into the bigfile2.ViV.

Image

I'm from rio de janeiro Brazil and their help is very important.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: (PC) Dead Spece 2 (.dat)
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:23 am 
Offline
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:04 pm
Posts: 329
Location: Hungary
Has thanked: 1 time
Have thanks: 134 times
Unpack the viv file, replace the str file, and use the Gibbed.Visceral.BigPack.exe to repack/create the viv file. As far as I know, no replace function.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: (PC) Dead Spece 2 (.dat)
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:32 pm 
Offline
ultra-n00b

Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:43 am
Posts: 4
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 0 time
evin wrote:
Unpack the viv file, replace the str file, and use the Gibbed.Visceral.BigPack.exe to repack/create the viv file. As far as I know, no replace function.


this method does not work!I've done it ten times and the game crashes.send me the latest version of the tool?if i extract everything and create a new file. viv, hangs the same way.

As I use:1-extract the file bigfile2.viv with Gibbed.Visceral.BigViewer
2-I create new file .viv with Gibbed.Visceral.BigPack(I drag the folder to the Gibbed.Visceral.BigPack)
3-I see that everything is ok(file structure with Gibbed.Visceral.BigViewer)
4-I test and the game crashes when starting.

what is wrong?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: (PC) Dead Spece 2 (.dat)
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:18 pm 
Offline
double-veteran
double-veteran

Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:58 am
Posts: 841
Has thanked: 5 times
Have thanks: 33 times
We need audio files with names for dante's inferno.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: (PC) Dead Spece 2 (.dat)
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:20 am 
Offline
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:04 pm
Posts: 329
Location: Hungary
Has thanked: 1 time
Have thanks: 134 times
llsabetudoll wrote:
evin wrote:
Unpack the viv file, replace the str file, and use the Gibbed.Visceral.BigPack.exe to repack/create the viv file. As far as I know, no replace function.


this method does not work!I've done it ten times and the game crashes.send me the latest version of the tool?if i extract everything and create a new file. viv, hangs the same way.

As I use:1-extract the file bigfile2.viv with Gibbed.Visceral.BigViewer
2-I create new file .viv with Gibbed.Visceral.BigPack(I drag the folder to the Gibbed.Visceral.BigPack)
3-I see that everything is ok(file structure with Gibbed.Visceral.BigViewer)
4-I test and the game crashes when starting.

what is wrong?


Try to repack from command line, not with drag&drop.
You tried this with original files? Because one of my friend just unpacked and repacked a viv file, and the game worked fine.
Latest version of Rick's tool: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4953836/RickVisceral110423.zip (available for a couple of weeks)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 196 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: fullinu, houlier, PaulPhoenix31139 and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group