XeNTaX Forum Index
Forum MultiEx Commander Tools Tools Home
It is currently Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:11 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake - demo PAK file
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:41 am 
ultra-n00b

Have thanks: 2 times

You can make the ads go away by registering

@Anthony7888
You can really easily extract the models with the tools already available ;)

Attachments:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. Register to gain access.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:24 pm 
beginner

Have thanks: 8 times
I noticed the maxscript is not applying the vertex normals, any chance to see a upgrade for this? Its mostly noticeable in Faces.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:43 pm 
ultra-n00b

Have thanks: 0 time
I'm looking into doing some audio mods if possible, wanna mod in some DMX music to replace Mr. X :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:22 pm 
double-veteran
double-veteran

Have thanks: 751 times
Highflex wrote:
I noticed the maxscript is not applying the vertex normals, any chance to see a upgrade for this? Its mostly noticeable in Faces.

Yup, but I guess most of ppl using Blender tool, right? I still haven't had much reports on skinned meshes from friend of mine, except one, I fixed maxscript for rigged "burger" mesh lol (I could upload updated one). I don't have the game, so I don't have files :)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:00 pm 
ultra-n00b

Dear sirs:
We are an engineering team(group),active on various fields such as(like) gaming.
We'll be gratful if you help us with seprating game's texts(subtitle) from the game and changing ut with our own language

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:10 pm 
ultra-n00b

zaramot wrote:
Highflex wrote:

Yup, but I guess most of ppl using Blender tool, right? I still haven't had much reports on skinned meshes from friend of mine, except one, I fixed maxscript for rigged "burger" mesh lol (I could upload updated one). I don't have the game, so I don't have files :)

i don't usually like using the blender tool. unwieldy to me. for the most part, skinned meshes work alright. but weapons need to be adjusted i think, their rigging isn't quite right. i dunno how many samples you want but i can provide a few prob.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:54 pm 
ultra-n00b

Hello everyone, first off great work on extracting and decrypting stuff from this game so quickly!
Unfortunately I'm not nearly as skilled as you folks here and had some questions.

I've used quickbms before for some gamecube model extracting. I was wondering how to rip stuff from the main .pak file for the game.
It says its too large and I as wondering how to get around that.

Was wondering what to do after extracting with quickbms as well. It outputs a large assortment of junk obviously, no clue how to view any of it.

Secondly I was wondering if someone could explain the function of the Hooks you've been posting? This is completely new to me haha.

I'm most familiar using Blender for modelling. (I'm also trying to extract from the full game)

Sorry for all the questions but its hard to follow the thread a bit when it gets so strung out with info over multiple pages. Thanks for any help you send my way.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:21 am 
beginner

Have thanks: 8 times
zaramot wrote:
Highflex wrote:

Hmm depends, i personally use Maya for all of my developments and played around with getting one of the faces hooked up so you can animate it. Just noticed when i started applying the textures with some base shading as demonstrated here:

https://imgur.com/a/zyoTQb1

I don't see any other issues so far, this was the only thing that i noticed by processing all components of Leon to be workable with.

If you need any files or more info on this please let me know, i have experience with applying normals through max-script just needs to be parsed i guess.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:58 pm 
double-veteran
double-veteran

Have thanks: 118 times
Highflex wrote:
zaramot wrote:
Highflex wrote:

Hmm depends, i personally use Maya for all of my developments and played around with getting one of the faces hooked up so you can animate it. Just noticed when i started applying the textures with some base shading as demonstrated here:

https://imgur.com/a/zyoTQb1

I don't see any other issues so far, this was the only thing that i noticed by processing all components of Leon to be workable with.

If you need any files or more info on this please let me know, i have experience with applying normals through max-script just needs to be parsed i guess.

Weld your normals or vertices...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:31 pm 
ultra-n00b

How do I find the environment file?, when I use SGM when it goes to convert environment files to smc it closes and doesn;t convertmesh.18xxxxxxxxx files to smc

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:21 pm 
advanced

Have thanks: 9 times
troconisgerman wrote:
How do I find the environment file?, when I use SGM when it goes to convert environment files to smc it closes and doesn;t convertmesh.18xxxxxxxxx files to smc

The sceneries are in: \natives\x64\sectionroot\environment\location\
The sceneries props are in: \natives\x64\objectroot\setmodel\
Put the xentax.exe file in the \environment\location\ folder, open it as admin, in the "select path" click on "exe path"
click on ok, answer: process pak, NO process textures? YES process mesh? YES
That is. It will convert all the textures and .mesh files in the "location" folders

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:19 pm 
n00b

I'm really confused so I hope someone here can help me out. How do you get all those different folders? All I get is .dat and .pfb files.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:01 am 
advanced

CzlowiekDrzewo wrote:
I'm really confused so I hope someone here can help me out. How do you get all those different folders? All I get is .dat and .pfb files.

before using quickbms you have to put in the game folder the namefilelist, this will allow quickbms to create the correct folders
https://zenhax.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=9253&start=60

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:18 pm 
advanced

zaramot wrote:
Hey! I think it's possible, can't tell for sure, like 100%. First I need to take a look at those .mtl files. But should be possible :)

hi! any update?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:35 pm 
ultra-n00b

http://dl2.dlfox.com/PS4/DELETED/bandic ... 51-367.mp4

NOT WORK xentax

PLZ HELP

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next