XeNTaX Forum Index
Forum MultiEx Commander Tools Tools Home
It is currently Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:27 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Rune Factory Tides of Destiny/Oceans PS3 game files (.dat)
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:57 pm 
ultra-n00b

Have thanks: 0 time

I'd like to request for someone to look at the game's two certain files: RFF2.bin and RFF2.dat.

I've checked these files myself using a hex editor but none of the texts are readable, so I'm pretty sure it's encrypted but I don't know what kind of encryption is used. From the small amount of info I get by searching the net, the bin file most likely contains mapping information for the dubbing and file names while the dat file contains stuff like the game script, models, textures, and sound effects (battle SFX, battle voices, menu SFX).

What I really want is to rip those sound effects, but the people doing undub for the game didn't share anything about how to modify or read those files properly so I have no clue on what should be done. I can share the bin file in case if needed, but the dat file is too big (around 763 MB) so I need to use a file cutter for it. Before I provide the archive files wrongly, how should I provide the archive samples? Should I just attach them to this post? Or are there any other details needed that I might have missed?

Thanks in advance!

You can make the ads go away by registering