All times are UTC + 1 hour

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: The Suffering Game Level Editor!? I need help to get it work
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:14 pm 
beginner

Have thanks: 3 times

You can make the ads go away by registering

!!!NOTE: I HAVEN'T UPLOADED ANY FILES BESIDES PLACEHOLDER BECAUSE I DON'T KNOW WHAT FILES EXACTLY I SHOULD GIVE YOU, SO I WILL UPLOAD ANYTHING YOU ASK ME TO UPLOAD, SO DON'T IGNORE MY POST PLEASE!!!
I start by saying that The Suffering(both first and second game) uses the engine called Riot Engine, and as far as i find out, there is only one game that share the same engine and have map editor in it, and it's called "Drakan: Order Of The Flame" But it's 5 years older than The first Suffering game, but i still tried to use Drakan editor on suffering and(as you may already guessed) with no luck, they both uses the same .lvl file that opens the map, i've been trying to open The Suffering 1 .lvl's in the editor but nothing, then i went to some file folders(including levels) of both The Suffering 1 and the Drakan at first i thought they are using different extensions but then i noticed that they both Suffering and Drakan uses the same files but a bit renamed, for example Suffering have file called - .tdu(which is as far as i understand the Textures files) and Drakan uses the same file format but it's called - .txd or Suffering - .adu Drakan - .adb and e.t.c. so i've figured i could try to rename all suffering extensions to their Drakan counter-parts, i renamed all of them but .lvl's still won't open then i also tried to change Drakan Engine.exe(that comes with editor) with Suffering.exe, and it's just gives me the error of incompatible .rfl file, i tried to change .rfl file with both original Engine.exe and the Suffering.exe changed to Engine.exe and it won't do any good then also tried to change RERES.dll file with suffering's one and nothing too, so what i'm asking you is how to get Drakan: Order Of The Flame Level Editor to open The Suffering maps, because i know it's possible, maybe someone can try to change Suffering .lvl's version with the Drakan one's in HEX Editor!? Or something like that i can send you any files you need, even the copies of both game, if you agree to help, so i hope someone will help me because i really want to get working map editor for atleast one of The Suffering game and i know it's somehow possible to do by using Drakan's Level Editor, i just don't know how :( that's why i would appreciate help, and don't ignore this post please! :D :keke:

Attachments:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. Register to gain access.