It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:58 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Spore Audio Files .package
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:45 pm 
beginner

Have thanks: 0 time

Hello everyone, thanks for taking your time to check this thread out.
Years have passed and all sorts of new stuff was created by such awesome people like yourselves. But this specific game archive won't work for me. I need your help in figuring out how to correctly extract SOUNDS from Spore.

So basically there are these 2 Audio packages: Spore_Audio1.package and Spore_Audio2.package

While I was looking through the Internet, I found this tool called SporeMaster 2.0 beta which extracts those .package archives into various files. I put 2 samples of each format in this archive.

A few years back I somehow managed to extract some of the files. More specifically these two types/formats:
1) .#01A527DB
2) .#01EEF63A
by using ealayer3.exe which is god knows what. I'm a total noob at this, I'm sorry.

I ask for your help in figuring what to do for this whole extraction thing to be possible, and maybe even with the file's correct name. I will even donate (as much as I can) to the person that will help me with this thing. Thanks a lot for taking your time and reading this whole message. I hope someone can help me. Thanks :>

EDIT:
Oh, and I found these txt files. That probably explain the name and file type.

You can make the ads go away by registering

Last edited by Luriam on Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Spore Audio Files .package
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:39 pm 
veteran

Have thanks: 14 times
If sporemaster not extract them with names, then probably won't get them as such given EA's system is rather complex in referencing the files by hashes.

Those two types stand for streamed audio and non-streamed audio instead of actual audio formats and only use different file layout and both use EA's two codecs depending on file like the mentioned EALayer3 (MP3)

Extraction is pain however given the various manipulations needed that may not be capable of being automated.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:17 pm 
beginner

Ok, skip the file names. Anyone knows a way of extracting the sound from all/some of the files I uploaded ? I need all of the Spore's sound I can get. The more the better. I'll more than happy if someone gives me the tool or some other instructions to follow. Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:51 am 
veteran

Have thanks: 14 times
Well, I know how to but I do it manually for most part myself (hex editing and cutting) in my EA ripping hobby and ealayer3 tool will only do files that use ealayer3. Especially streamed files do pose a problem as they do not specify khz or channel information as its kept elsewhere than in actual audio file and thus any automated tool will have to be set with a guess value thats common and potentially wrong in some cases, exception to this is ealayer3 files thus why I said pain to extract apart from lack of direct tools.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:55 pm 
beginner

Thanks for that. But what should I do ? I'm sure idling won't help. I thought that extracting audio out of SPORE is pretty simple, it's been about 4 years since the release. I'm not near as good as you people, so I can't do anything on my own about it. There's got to be a way to do this. Thanks for all the details and info!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:39 pm 
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

Have thanks: 706 times
Ok, I looked through those files. Files are all different.

Two files are MP3, so can be converted with Ealayer3 (one with header, another without, they convert anyway)

Two other files are XAS ADPCM, one with header, another without. With some degree of automation they can be converted too.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:36 pm 
ultra-n00b

could anyone get the spore audio extracting? i want to know how to get the sounds too

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:45 pm 
beginner

Wow I left that message over 5 years ago. And no, I still don't know how to extract the audio, sorry :<

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:04 pm 
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

Have thanks: 706 times
XAS ADPCM is one of most used formats by EA. There are many tools that can decode it.