XeNTaX Forum Index
Forum MultiEx Commander Tools Tools Home
It is currently Mon May 28, 2018 2:07 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Forum rules


Please click here to view the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Hot Wheels Velocity X's .xpc/ .xgc/ .xps archive files
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:15 pm 
Offline
ultra-n00b
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:46 am
Posts: 3
Location: Arizona
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 0 time

Hello, I need a lot of help opening these archive files from Hot Wheels Velocity X that are .xpc on the PC version, .xgc on the Gamecube version and .xps on the Playstation version
I was able to rip the raw midi files that control the music, but that's all so far

ANY help is greatly appreciated

.xpc's available on request

You can make the ads go away by registering



Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hot Wheels Velocity X's .xpc/ .xgc/ .xps archive files
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:02 am 
Offline
ultra-n00b

Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:58 am
Posts: 2
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 0 time
Well it isn't the way you probably think I obtained it, but I got something working today:
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hot Wheels Velocity X's .xpc/ .xgc/ .xps archive files
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:29 am 
Offline
ultra-n00b
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:46 am
Posts: 3
Location: Arizona
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 0 time
VirtualTurtle wrote:
Well it isn't the way you probably think I obtained it, but I got something working today:
Image

holy shit, how did you do that? please tell me, i've been trying to get these models and textures for months


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hot Wheels Velocity X's .xpc/ .xgc/ .xps archive files
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:12 pm 
Offline
ultra-n00b

Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:58 am
Posts: 2
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 0 time
roket minecrafter wrote:
VirtualTurtle wrote:
Well it isn't the way you probably think I obtained it, but I got something working today:
Image

holy shit, how did you do that? please tell me, i've been trying to get these models and textures for months


So what I did is I found a version of the dolphin emulator that uses directx9, and booted it through the program 3D ripper DX (a geometry ripper for directx9 programs), booted into the GameCube version of velocity X that I had ripped, and ripped it all to obj and their respective dds textures. Went into blender and took everything but the car out, and it scales weirdly, but I figured out the exact values on how to fix the scaling issue, and that's the result! I'm in the process of doing that whole thing for each car, I've got 5 already


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hot Wheels Velocity X's .xpc/ .xgc/ .xps archive files
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:48 am 
Offline
ultra-n00b

Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:46 am
Posts: 1
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 0 time
VirtualTurtle wrote:
roket minecrafter wrote:
VirtualTurtle wrote:
Well it isn't the way you probably think I obtained it, but I got something working today:
Image

holy shit, how did you do that? please tell me, i've been trying to get these models and textures for months


So what I did is I found a version of the dolphin emulator that uses directx9, and booted it through the program 3D ripper DX (a geometry ripper for directx9 programs), booted into the GameCube version of velocity X that I had ripped, and ripped it all to obj and their respective dds textures. Went into blender and took everything but the car out, and it scales weirdly, but I figured out the exact values on how to fix the scaling issue, and that's the result! I'm in the process of doing that whole thing for each car, I've got 5 already


YES! Thank you! If it's possible, do you think you could do the same thing but with the audio files?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hot Wheels Velocity X's .xpc/ .xgc/ .xps archive files
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:09 am 
Offline
ultra-n00b

Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:01 am
Posts: 1
Location: Milky Way, Earth.
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 0 time
Can you post how you fix it so it's not slanted? I recently ripped some stuff form Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life and am having a eral hard time with trying to fix that. I've downloaded plug ins for blender but can't find it. I'm not good with blender at all. But I can follow tutorials to a 'T'. So if you can provide a tutorial on how to correct the geometry of the ripped .OBJ models, that'd be great.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hot Wheels Velocity X's .xpc/ .xgc/ .xps archive files
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 10:44 pm 
Offline
beginner

Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:05 am
Posts: 21
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 0 time
These files also apply to Pac Man World Rally and Snoopy vs. the Red Baron, any idea how to open those?



Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group