I wrote a small tutorial on how to add new clothing items to the shop. I won't explain how to use the WD2 tools to extract the game's files as there already are tutorials on this thread.
Useful online converters:
- Hex to Decimal
Files necessary to edit:
- for creating the new item itself. The file includes a link to the modelpart in graphickit_parts.lib
- for defining shop category and price, including link to item file in items.lib
- for defining availability of the new item in a specific shop and making it show up
- contains the specific parts of a model. I recommend deleting every part except for his head and body (read below for further information on how to do this)
Finding specific clothing parts:
- if you open "W2CH_MOD_nar.ava.avatar.xml
" (which is the file of Marcus) or any other file you want, you see the specific parts of his outfit, such as jacket, hat, pants, shoes and glasses. Each part begins with field "E93DDFF8
", where "D935FAD9
" is the link to the specific outfit part in graphickit_parts.lib. Copy this field's value and search for it in all files of the graphickit_parts folder (I recommend using Sublime Text Editor).
1. copy an existing clothes file (e.g. Clothing_VendingMachines.DedSec.Torso.BomberSweater01_BlueShiny.xml
, which would be Marcus' blue bomber jacket) and rename it.
2. change the ID of the file in field "389F6DA7
" to a new, unique one (important: ID'S only contain letters from A to F).
3. the fields "389F6DA7
" and "4CAAD60F
" define the requirement to make the item appear in the shop. These fields must be set to "FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF".
4. the part below "73642E5E
" contains the link to the graphickit_part file. The value of the field "D935FAD9
" is the ID of the modelpart file in graphickit_parts.lib.
1. copy an existing file from this folder and rename it. Once again, change the new file's ID to a new, unique one.
2. field "73280CDE
" is the link to the new item file in items.lib you created, so change this value to the unique ID you created earlier.
3. field "92AF09E1
" defines the shop category you want your new item to appear in. Look at other files in this folder that are in the category you want and copy their value.
4. field "33E4CFD7
" defines the price of the new item. Use the hex to decimal converter I linked in the first part of this tutorial.
1. edit the file you want your new item to appear in (e.g. ShopComponentSettings.VendingMachines.Hackerspace.xml
if you want your item to appear in the vending machine in the hackerspace)
If you read this tutorial carefully, everything should work as it should. If not, please write your problem or do some research on your own, as I didn't completely figure this out yet.