XeNTaX Forum Index
Forum MultiEx Commander Tools Tools Home
It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:56 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. How i find texts?
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:04 am 
ultra-n00b

Have thanks: 0 time

God day! Help me, plz.

I want to get all text (in English and Russian) from Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. How I can do this?

For example. I opened file Game.layer.1.ru.archive using QuickBMS, because I thought that it contain a game text. But I founded files *.bil and *.sbs. As far as I know it is engine files, is there?

Somebody unpacked file of this game already? You know, where should I look for? What format is it?

You can make the ads go away by registering

Post subject: Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. How i find texts?
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 10:11 am 
ultra-n00b

I don't know if you need the texts anymore but I'll write the method below anyway.
I too wanted to find all the in-game text, and with the help of aspadm and his tool(DEMD database v1.1), I did!
Here are the tricks:
1. Download aspadm's powerful tool from https://yadi.sk/d/qUxdTmJa3MxHEs
2. Follow his instructions in help file to step 3(unpacking archieves)
3. If you want to get the text files, don't build the file tree yet. Insted, close the tool, create a file named "unpack_ext.txt" in app folder(the folder of the tool) ,and then insert "pc_textlist" and "pc_localized-textlist" with each one occupying one line. Save and close the "unpack_ext.txt".
4. Run the tool and build the file tree. Later, all the text files will be listed as a tree on the left, and you have to locate each file in the folder you stored the game archive, opening it with a hex editor to see readable texts.
I found out that most useful texts are located in files ending with"_en.textlist".

Post subject: Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. How i find texts?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:02 am 
ultra-n00b

yuli704500626 wrote:
I don't know if you need the texts anymore but I'll write the method below anyway.
I too wanted to find all the in-game text, and with the help of aspadm and his tool(DEMD database v1.1), I did!
Here are the tricks:
1. Download aspadm's powerful tool from https://yadi.sk/d/qUxdTmJa3MxHEs
2. Follow his instructions in help file to step 3(unpacking archieves)
3. If you want to get the text files, don't build the file tree yet. Insted, close the tool, create a file named "unpack_ext.txt" in app folder(the folder of the tool) ,and then insert "pc_textlist" and "pc_localized-textlist" with each one occupying one line. Save and close the "unpack_ext.txt".
4. Run the tool and build the file tree. Later, all the text files will be listed as a tree on the left, and you have to locate each file in the folder you stored the game archive, opening it with a hex editor to see readable texts.
I found out that most useful texts are located in files ending with"_en.textlist".

What about importing translated texts back?