XeNTaX Forum Index
Forum MultiEx Commander Tools Tools Home
It is currently Mon May 29, 2017 1:03 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Forum rules


Please click here to view the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Deus EX: Mankind Divided .archive
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 1:48 pm 
Offline
beginner

Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:31 pm
Posts: 35
Has thanked: 12 times
Have thanks: 40 times

volfin wrote:
your command line is fine. But it would seem it's not finding any valid *.vap files in the 'input' folder. And just in case you think it will parse down subdirectories inside the 'input' folder, be assured it will not. It will only process *.vap files in 'input' folder itself. If your *.vap files are in input\someother directory, then you need to specify that directly.


Hi Volfin,

Tried to convert all txet (assuming those are the texture files) but I got an error, "unknown format -1" for each one. I renamed every file to vap.
I extracted the files with Sir Kanes' extractor, could be that problem? Should I try quickbms?

Thank you for your help!

You can make the ads go away by registering



Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Deus EX: Mankind Divided .archive
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 5:06 pm 
Offline
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:30 am
Posts: 326
Has thanked: 63 times
Have thanks: 206 times
Vindis wrote:
volfin wrote:
your command line is fine. But it would seem it's not finding any valid *.vap files in the 'input' folder. And just in case you think it will parse down subdirectories inside the 'input' folder, be assured it will not. It will only process *.vap files in 'input' folder itself. If your *.vap files are in input\someother directory, then you need to specify that directly.


Hi Volfin,

Tried to convert all txet (assuming those are the texture files) but I got an error, "unknown format -1" for each one. I renamed every file to vap.
I extracted the files with Sir Kanes' extractor, could be that problem? Should I try quickbms?

Thank you for your help!


yes everything was written for the quickbms files. I don't know the differences involved with the other extractor.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Deus EX: Mankind Divided .archive
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 4:23 pm 
Offline
beginner

Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:31 pm
Posts: 35
Has thanked: 12 times
Have thanks: 40 times
volfin wrote:
Vindis wrote:
volfin wrote:
your command line is fine. But it would seem it's not finding any valid *.vap files in the 'input' folder. And just in case you think it will parse down subdirectories inside the 'input' folder, be assured it will not. It will only process *.vap files in 'input' folder itself. If your *.vap files are in input\someother directory, then you need to specify that directly.


Hi Volfin,

Tried to convert all txet (assuming those are the texture files) but I got an error, "unknown format -1" for each one. I renamed every file to vap.
I extracted the files with Sir Kanes' extractor, could be that problem? Should I try quickbms?

Thank you for your help!


yes everything was written for the quickbms files. I don't know the differences involved with the other extractor.


Is there any chance, that you share the file structure of the texture files, so I can write a program to work with Sir Kanes' extractor? Maybe there's not much difference...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Deus EX: Mankind Divided .archive
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 5:13 pm 
Offline
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:30 am
Posts: 326
Has thanked: 63 times
Have thanks: 206 times
Vindis wrote:
Is there any chance, that you share the file structure of the texture files, so I can write a program to work with Sir Kanes' extractor? Maybe there's not much difference...


The header is as follows:

Code:
struct HeaderVAP
{
   long Unknown0;
   short Unknown1;
   short Unknown2;
   short Unknown7;
   short Unknown8;
   short Width;
   short Height;
   short Format1; // MIP count maybe?
   short Format;
   long Unknown3;
   long Unknown4;
   long Unknown5;
   long Unknown6;
};


Directly after the header comes the compressed texture data. How that data is formatted is dependent on the "Format" variable. The known "Format" codes are:

Code:
      TEXTURE AttemptedFormat = TEXTURE::NO_FORMAT;
      if (VAPHeader->Format == 0x4A)
         AttemptedFormat = TEXTURE::DXT1;
      else if (VAPHeader->Format == 0x50)
         AttemptedFormat = TEXTURE::DXT5;
      else if (VAPHeader->Format == 0x53)
         AttemptedFormat = TEXTURE::BC4;
      else if (VAPHeader->Format == 0x56)
         AttemptedFormat = TEXTURE::BC5;
      else if (VAPHeader->Format == 0x5B)
         AttemptedFormat = TEXTURE::BC7;
      else if (VAPHeader->Format == 0x43)
         AttemptedFormat = TEXTURE::U8bpp;
      else if (VAPHeader->Format == 0x1D)
         AttemptedFormat = TEXTURE::U32bpp;

      if (AttemptedFormat == TEXTURE::NO_FORMAT)
      {
         printf("Unknown Format %d\n", VAPHeader->Format);
         continue;
      }




Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: spider91 and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group