XeNTaX Forum Index
Forum MultiEx Commander Tools Tools Home
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:25 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dark Souls 3 *.bdt and *.bhd Files
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 9:17 am 
ultra-n00b

Have thanks: 6 times

You can make the ads go away by registering

rumpo wrote:
Anyone had success converting sounds? I'm getting no headers with FSB extractor.

FSB Extractor (many of them) will attempt to extract the unmodified .ogg file, which lacks a header due to using FMOD's library system to define things internally.

Luckily there's a way around that which essentially "records" the .ogg file into a PCM/WAV through sound emulation. The result is a playable .wav file with accuracy and multiple channel support.

You'll need both of these tools: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=13615

! NOTE: In order to use the tools, you will also need the library from http://zenhax.com/viewtopic.php?t=1317&start=40#p7400 and the libraries from viewtopic.php?p=112968#p112968

Why two tools? Because fmod_extr.exe will handle the majority of the audio detection and extraction but seems to fail on multi-channel sounds. fsb_aud_extr.exe will handle those specific failure cases. Luckily for you (and others who find this post) I've done the hard work of identifying which files require which tool.

Batch file for the audio within Dark Souls III\Game\sound\ , which will also list the tool needed: https://gist.github.com/NodusCursorius/ ... b51340aefd

But wait, there's more!

Batch file for the audio within Dark Souls III\Data5.bdt\ , after you use Atvaark's BinderTool on \Data5.bdt: https://gist.github.com/NodusCursorius/ ... c8dadf2ee0

Batch file for the audio within Dark Souls III\Data1.dbt\ , after you use Atvaark's BinderTool on \Data1.bdt: https://gist.github.com/NodusCursorius/ ... cfdc207270

----

As a side note, to future Googlers, many of the .dds files that you extract with BinderTool (from the .tpf files) may appear as unreadable or undecodeable, depending upon your preferred image viewer. This seems to be due to how some of the images are not just in format DX1, 2, or 5, but some are using DX10 and DX11 format which is a completely different beast. Microsoft has a way to easily input these kinds of images and export them to a different format. Using their DirectXTex (DirectXTex texture processing library) converstion tool found here: https://github.com/Microsoft/DirectXTex ... exconv.exe

It's a command line executable, but iterating through everything is easy enough with this line, which will process all .dds in all sub-directories and create .png files alongside each .dds :
Code:
for /r . %T IN (*.DDS) do texconv.exe -ft PNG %T -o %~dpT

This fails on a small number of files but I lack the field knowledge to explain why. Ah well.

! NOTE: If you're batch scripting the above, don't forget to change %T to %%T in all three places Also, texconv does not work if your directory structure has spaces, even when quoted.

----

5/27/16 - Batch files and gist links updated to reflect improved ds3_Data5_sound_extract.bat (for newer names due to Atvaark's tool) and ds3_Data1_sound_extract.bat added for .. well, obvious reasons. Cheers, Sentuh, for leading me to check discrepancies with newly discovered names.

Attachments:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. Register to gain access.

Last edited by Nodus Cursorius on Fri May 27, 2016 9:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 11:20 am 
ultra-n00b

Have thanks: 4 times
Hi. New here. Thanks for all this great info and tools! I'm into 3d-printing so having access to the models are great!

I don't know if this'll help someone but I made a script that'll use bindertool to extract all .bnd and .tpf and then use texconv to make .pngs.
http://pastebin.com/Bibbczyi old script http://pastebin.com/hcc4ecgQ

Just save that as a .vbs and use a command prompt to run cscript nameofscript.vbs

You'll need bindertool 0.4 and texconv and edit paths in the vbs before you save it, should be fairly straightforward.

Thanks

edit3: changed the script a bit- just point at one of the Data_.bdt files now and the script will unpack it and everything in it.
You can then use windows explorer to search for "chr" and merge all those to one folder and you'll have all characters there.

Last edited by Martorias on Wed May 18, 2016 7:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 9:22 pm 
beginner

Have thanks: 3 times
Martorias wrote:
Hi. New here. Thanks for all this great info and tools! I'm into 3d-printing so having access to the models are great!

I don't know if this'll help someone but I made a script that'll use bindertool to extract all .bnd and .tpf and then use texconv to make .pngs.
http://pastebin.com/Bibbczyi

Just save that as a .vbs and use a command prompt to run cscript nameofscript.vbs

You'll need bindertool and texconv and edit paths in the vbs before you save it, should be fairly straightforward.

Thanks

edit: It doesn't seem to work well when the path is the root game folder but if you do "DarkSoulsIII\Game\Data1" and then "DarkSoulsIII\Game\Data2" or so it seems to work.

edit2: wow amazing that the armor model for ornsteins helmet is the exact same as in dark souls 1.

Have you been able to get the firekeeper model yet?

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 7:52 pm 
ultra-n00b

pewposterous wrote:
Have you been able to get the firekeeper model yet?

Yeah the chr/c1400? Textures seem a bit off but I think that's my fault.

[img.]http://i.imgur.com/7Tmr6v9.png[/img]

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 10:35 pm 
veteran

excuse you can make a list of the model numbers?

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 12:20 am 
ultra-n00b

Have thanks: 0 time
Hi everyone. First of all thanks for all this tools and information! I'm trying to translate the game, but I couldn't locate the text files myself. I found menu texts and some items in Data1 though (thanks to Atvaark for BinderTool), but fmg files have nulls between text and I don't know how to open them properly. And also I don't know how to repack edited files. I'm inexperienced in this kind of things so if anyone can help me it would be very appreciated.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 9:14 pm 
ultra-n00b

Have thanks: 0 time
How are you viewing the meshes properly Martorias? Are you using a modified Noesis script to export the OBJ?

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 3:49 pm 
ultra-n00b

drummer1249 wrote:
How are you viewing the meshes properly Martorias? Are you using a modified Noesis script to export the OBJ?

Hi. I'm using Zaramots script for 3dsmax found in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=14291&hilit=dark+souls

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 3:18 pm 
n00b

Have thanks: 1 time
I'm trying to run Martorias' script but it doesn't seem to be working, if I leave \Data1 in I get a path not found on line 6, and if I remove it the script just doesn't seem to do anything. Anyone have some insight for me?

EDIT: that script aside, I am trying to view the Firekeeper, so c1400. I used BinderTools on the c1400.xxxbnd files, and I get the following:

C1400
>INTERROOT_win64
>>Action
>>>c1400
>>>>Export
>>>>>Behaviors
>>>>>>c1400.hkt
>>>>>>c1400.hkx
>>>>>Characters
>>>>>>c1400.hkt
>>>>>>c1400.hkx
>>chr
>>>c1400
>>>>hkx
>>>>>skeleton.hkx
>>>>tae
>>>>>c1400.tae

Where in there are the mesh and textures? Admittedly, I'm a newbie, but meshes are .flv and textures .tpf, correct?

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 4:30 pm 
ultra-n00b

Emissaryofwind wrote:
I'm trying to run Martorias' script but it doesn't seem to be working, if I leave \Data1 in I get a path not found on line 6, and if I remove it the script just doesn't seem to do anything. Anyone have some insight for me?

EDIT: that script aside, I am trying to view the Firekeeper, so c1400. I used BinderTools on the c1400.xxxbnd files, and I get the following:

C1400
>INTERROOT_win64
>>Action
>>>c1400
>>>>Export
>>>>>Behaviors
>>>>>>c1400.hkt
>>>>>>c1400.hkx
>>>>>Characters
>>>>>>c1400.hkt
>>>>>>c1400.hkx
>>chr
>>>c1400
>>>>hkx
>>>>>skeleton.hkx
>>>>tae
>>>>>c1400.tae

Where in there are the mesh and textures? Admittedly, I'm a newbie, but meshes are .flv and textures .tpf, correct?

sorry I probably should mention you need to use bindertool on the main archive first to get the data2 folder for instance .

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 6:40 pm 
n00b

Thanks, the script is running now, a ton of windows popped up, but it doesn't look like it's doing all that it's supposed to, it's stopping at the .xxxbnd level, and is just not unpacking those.

Also, I might just be dumb, but I don't know how get texconv to convert .tpf files into something I can read like dds or png.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 8:00 pm 
ultra-n00b

Emissaryofwind wrote:
Thanks, the script is running now, a ton of windows popped up, but it doesn't look like it's doing all that it's supposed to, it's stopping at the .xxxbnd level, and is just not unpacking those.

Also, I might just be dumb, but I don't know how get texconv to convert .tpf files into something I can read like dds or png.

Could you perhaps try now? I've updated the script (http://pastebin.com/hcc4ecgQ) so just replace that and edit it. Point it to one file (Data3.bdt for instance) and it should unpack it all. When it's done (it'll take some time) use explorer to search for chr and merge all those folders to get all characters. Let me know if there's any issues.

edit: for the textures you need to use bindertool on the .tpf and then use texConv.exe -ft PNG inputfile.dds -o outputfolder

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 5:56 pm 
n00b

Sorry for the delay, I tested it and it doesn't recognize LEFT (on line 3) as a valid argument.

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 7:02 am 
veteran

I have a question but it is possible to open the archives dark souls 2 files?I'm trying to open the archive of the models.

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 4:02 pm 
n00b

dibe91 wrote:
I have a question but it is possible to open the archives dark souls 2 files?I'm trying to open the archive of the models.

https://github.com/Atvaark/BinderTool/tree/v0.3

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next