XeNTaX Forum Index
Forum MultiEx Commander Tools Tools Home
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:56 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Forum rules


Please click here to view the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: StarWars Battlefront full extraction scripts
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:27 pm 
Offline
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:14 pm
Posts: 160
Has thanked: 34 times
Have thanks: 9 times

daemon1 wrote:
I just made a check with .res files extracted with my version of Franks's scripts

I took the mentioned t_eyes_black_c .texture file, and found that is points to only one chunk 75kb in size, that is the proper size. Not the 22k extracted with your script. I don't know what is wrong with your script, but something's definitely wrong. Maybe something's got messed after all the updates, I don't have them, but people still have teeth in the game, right?

So I'd recommend JakeGreen to re-extract everything back with my script and check if all textures are ok.

p.s. Also checked Leia's head, and its texture chunk is also 2,5MB as expected.


Hm alright well i really only extracted everything from his script to get the jakku stuff and i got it so i'll re-extract everything with your scripts and use both tools on it again to get textures and mesh and chunks together.

Question though when i used his script it extracted 2 chunk folder 1 in the main extracted folder and the other in bundles, does that make a difference if your tool daemon1 doesn't do that?

Also here is the .texture files http://www.mediafire.com/download/hnp34 ... exture.rar if you still want them.

You can make the ads go away by registering



Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: StarWars Battlefront full extraction scripts
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:08 am 
Offline
n00b

Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:48 pm
Posts: 12
Has thanked: 1 time
Have thanks: 4 times
JakeGreen wrote:
daemon1 wrote:
I just made a check with .res files extracted with my version of Franks's scripts

I took the mentioned t_eyes_black_c .texture file, and found that is points to only one chunk 75kb in size, that is the proper size. Not the 22k extracted with your script. I don't know what is wrong with your script, but something's definitely wrong. Maybe something's got messed after all the updates, I don't have them, but people still have teeth in the game, right?

So I'd recommend JakeGreen to re-extract everything back with my script and check if all textures are ok.

p.s. Also checked Leia's head, and its texture chunk is also 2,5MB as expected.


Hm alright well i really only extracted everything from his script to get the jakku stuff and i got it so i'll re-extract everything with your scripts and use both tools on it again to get textures and mesh and chunks together.

Question though when i used his script it extracted 2 chunk folder 1 in the main extracted folder and the other in bundles, does that make a difference if your tool daemon1 doesn't do that?

Also here is the .texture files http://www.mediafire.com/download/hnp34 ... exture.rar if you still want them.


Chunks in the dump/bundles/chunks come from bundles. Chunks in the dump/chunk fold come from toc file. They have potentially different extraction methods/compression. His scripts do them separately but changed the output path to put it all in one IIRC. It makes it a little easier to use the texture tool. ie. you don't have to run it twice, once for each chunk folder.

Wither it makes a difference or not....maybe? probably not. The biggest difference is that the script might be a handling one better then the other. So, until it I can be sure it is definitely safer this way/easier to debug.

_________________
Symthic.com - elementofprgress
Skype: elementofprgress


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: StarWars Battlefront full extraction scripts
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:47 pm 
Offline
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:47 pm
Posts: 585
Has thanked: 43 times
Have thanks: 112 times
[out]


Last edited by Wobble on Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: StarWars Battlefront full extraction scripts
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:03 pm 
Offline
double-veteran
double-veteran

Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:12 pm
Posts: 1208
Has thanked: 20 times
Have thanks: 574 times
JakeGreen wrote:
Question though when i used his script it extracted 2 chunk folder 1 in the main extracted folder and the other in bundles, does that make a difference if your tool daemon1 doesn't do that?


We'll know that soon.

The .texture files you sent are identical to the ones that I have. And they point to the same one chunk of a size about 2,5MB. So can you make one more check?

What is the size of chunk named 3262F9062141B23CE99A71E19FAA2771.chunk ?

Do you have one of these or two in different folders?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: StarWars Battlefront full extraction scripts
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:12 pm 
Offline
double-veteran
double-veteran

Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:12 pm
Posts: 1208
Has thanked: 20 times
Have thanks: 574 times
elementofprgress wrote:
His scripts do them separately but changed the output path to put it all in one IIRC


I believe that chunk IDs must be unique. So there's no need to extract 2 folders, as it will only lead to lots of duplicates. At least that's how it was in games I extracted before. I actually compared the contents of chunks in both folders and they were always identical.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: StarWars Battlefront full extraction scripts
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 2:04 pm 
Offline
double-veteran
double-veteran

Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:12 pm
Posts: 1208
Has thanked: 20 times
Have thanks: 574 times
The first check shows that after extraction with my script, Leia's face gives me proper 2048x2048 texture 2,5MB in size. Now time to find out why this script works wrong.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: StarWars Battlefront full extraction scripts
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 2:50 pm 
Offline
n00b

Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:48 pm
Posts: 12
Has thanked: 1 time
Have thanks: 4 times
daemon1 wrote:
The first check shows that after extraction with my script, Leia's face gives me proper 2048x2048 texture 2,5MB in size. Now time to find out why this script works wrong.


it is the decompression failing. The 43 kb byte chunk. its entry.logicalsize is 43704...43kb -.-


okay, so its goes to writepayload.
trys casPatchedPayload
fails no deltasha1
except to casPayload
...which once there it has all the required entries but fails...
hmmmm


damn this game. Okay, so SWBF is kinda....a modular install. We'll i doubt we will actually ever get that option however it is whats going on. Each file is part of 3 groups(4 now with Jakku) and only one is needed to load the game. You can actually remove most the files, unplug your internet and start SWBF. or just have the files for SP and I'm assuming co-op. This mean every file is assigned a cas/cat. I originally wrote the script in that manor but ditched it shortly before I started cleaning it up to share it. It was just real messy and cluttered and a pain to go through the script because you couldn't tell what was going on with 6 cat dictionaries and a ton of different defined dumps and it really slowed down the performance of the script. So I tossed the idea in favor of one cat dict like the old script because it work, got the job done and was faster. However it looks like I'm going to have to go back to that build of my scripts because it is exactly what is causing this chunk issue and who knows what else that we just haven't run into yet.

What is going on is this. Both patch and unpatch Characters.toc want the entry with 87efb62023497402a4aa5e61e7422ee0c73254eb for a SHA1. Char is in the group of inital experience. So it needs to go to that cas/cat and get the entry. However, every map/gamemode/bundle however you break it all down including the texture of Leia's face and they want it from the cas/cat they are part of. http://pastebin.com/zJH7yVF9 They all want one with an entry of 39667 bytes. And that 39667 bytes decompresses into our 43kb wtf chunk file.

It should be noted, it isn't like the file can't be extracted via any of the cas cats it tries to get it from. rangeEnd-RangeStart=the size of the other cas entry(39667) and plenty of other stuff like that but I just can't recall what values it would need or the compression method.

_________________
Symthic.com - elementofprgress
Skype: elementofprgress


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: StarWars Battlefront full extraction scripts
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:59 pm 
Offline
double-veteran
double-veteran

Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:12 pm
Posts: 1208
Has thanked: 20 times
Have thanks: 574 times
Well, at least now I'm sure that texture tool works ok and all the formats are right. The eyes, teeth, Leia's head and hair, everything looks good.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: StarWars Battlefront full extraction scripts
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:13 pm 
Offline
double-veteran
double-veteran

Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:12 pm
Posts: 1208
Has thanked: 20 times
Have thanks: 574 times
elementofprgress wrote:
However, every map/gamemode/bundle however you break it all down including the texture of Leia's face and they want it from the cas/cat they are part of. http://pastebin.com/zJH7yVF9 They all want one with an entry of 39667 bytes.


I think that's the same as in Unreal Engine. Every level (bundle) has a copy of a small MIP to load first. Like a draft. And only the main entry has the whole big texture that loads when we have time and space for that.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: StarWars Battlefront full extraction scripts
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:40 pm 
Offline
ultra-n00b

Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:42 pm
Posts: 3
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 0 time
Can somebody be so kind to walk me through the script process. I'm stuck after extracting the .cas files to a bunch of none file extension names. What do I do after this? If I use the Frostbyte_chunk.exe it turns the file into a chunk file with no data size. Am I suppose to do this one by one to all the files after using swbf_cas.exe? I'm so lost - thanks.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: StarWars Battlefront full extraction scripts
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:49 pm 
Offline
double-veteran
double-veteran

Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:12 pm
Posts: 1208
Has thanked: 20 times
Have thanks: 574 times
ebross67 wrote:
Can somebody be so kind to walk me through the script process. I'm stuck after extracting the .cas files to a bunch of none file extension names. What do I do after this? If I use the Frostbyte_chunk.exe it turns the file into a chunk file with no data size. Am I suppose to do this one by one to all the files after using swbf_cas.exe? I'm so lost - thanks.


First tell us what do you want to do. Do you need sounds? Names? Or everything?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: StarWars Battlefront full extraction scripts
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:02 pm 
Offline
ultra-n00b

Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:42 pm
Posts: 3
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 0 time
I was looking for Mesh and texture data. I can use ninja ripper, but if there is an easier way to rip the models without being in game, that would be ideal. Thanks.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: StarWars Battlefront full extraction scripts
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:17 pm 
Offline
double-veteran
double-veteran

Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:12 pm
Posts: 1208
Has thanked: 20 times
Have thanks: 574 times
ebross67 wrote:
I was looking for Mesh and texture data. I can use ninja ripper, but if there is an easier way to rip the models without being in game, that would be ideal. Thanks.


swbf_cas.exe will not help you.

You need the python dumper script from that thread viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13584 and also mesh and texture tools. This may be even more complicated if you never used python before. You can find some "frostbite dumping" tutorials though.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: StarWars Battlefront full extraction scripts
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:59 pm 
Offline
ultra-n00b

Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:42 pm
Posts: 3
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 0 time
Thanks daemon1,

I worked my way through many threads on this topic and figured out how to run python scripts. I was able to extract the game into bundles and chunks. I was able to convert the chunks to .meshset and .chunk files using frostbyte. I'm stock on the .meshset step. I can't find any tool to convert the Frostbyte output to an .obj file. There was one that would convert .mesh and .chunk, but it does not work on .meshset. Any ideas?

Thanks.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: StarWars Battlefront full extraction scripts
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:26 pm 
Offline
double-veteran
double-veteran

Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:12 pm
Posts: 1208
Has thanked: 20 times
Have thanks: 574 times
You are using wrong scripts. I told you not use script from this thread. It's called "full extraction", but being such, it extracts some small texture mips over the big textures, so after that they can't be converted. Also it renames .mesh to .meshset, which may be correct for the engine, but it makes the old tool not working.

Maybe I'm wrong, and elementofprgress already corrected his scripts, I don't know.



Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], PartyPizza22 and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group