XeNTaX Forum Index
Forum MultiEx Commander Tools Tools Home
It is currently Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:45 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject: Re: Shadow Of Mordor .arch05
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:01 am 
n00b

Have thanks: 0 time

Morell wrote:
Anyone able to find elf form of Sauron in those arch05 files? I found Morwen so I believe that he can be found as well.

I dare to join to the question - did anyone here find Lithariel, Black Hand, and caragors (the beasts)? When I played this game, I tried to find them, but with no luck. Such a lamer I am. Please upload them if you have, even raw OBJ without rigging will go, especially caragors.

You can make the ads go away by registering

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:15 am 
n00b

gregkwaste wrote:
I'm working on the explorer and i will upload it here.

I took a quick look on the textures and they are very easy to get

They are located into tex files and they are in dds format. Fortunately dds headers are included so its super easy to extract them.

I've added some more .mat and .tex files in the share folder.

Please, couldn't you share character textures for your extracted characters which you posted at xentax shares (Sauron, Talion, Celebrimbor, Zainzadan and Gollum), in tex format. I want to test the texture extractor tool on them and retexture meshes for 3ds Max. When I played this game, I couldn't find these tex files for their body and armor textures. Then I deleted the game and don't want to reinstall all these gigs of content just to find several missing files. I hope other more successful players have found the most valuable pieces of that content and would be very grateful for sharing.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:05 pm 
ultra-n00b

Okay, is there by any chance some way to convert DDS Into the tex0?
Btw, Huge thanks to Everyone who's done research on this subject, Including erik945, who made the texture converter- now, just looking if there is a way to make Headers converted back?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:20 pm 
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Have thanks: 591 times
Well, if you need just to conver .dds into .tex (without packing them back into .arch05) I'm sure you can do this super easy xD Open .tex file in hexeditor and just copy first bytes of original .tex (before laters DDS) into your edited .dds file and change extention of your edited .dds to .tex and done lol Though, it will work if Shadow of Mordor works with extracted files, like Skyrim, Fallout does - if nope, then just converting .dds to .tex will not help you much

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:44 am 
ultra-n00b

zaramot wrote:
Well, if you need just to conver .dds into .tex (without packing them back into .arch05) I'm sure you can do this super easy xD Open .tex file in hexeditor and just copy first bytes of original .tex (before laters DDS) into your edited .dds file and change extention of your edited .dds to .tex and done lol Though, it will work if Shadow of Mordor works with extracted files, like Skyrim, Fallout does - if nope, then just converting .dds to .tex will not help you much

Hi, thank you for reply.
Any chance of a tutorial? Just in case it's possible - I am not good at understanding which parts to replace/ insert ( I got HexEd though)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:39 am 
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Well, I can try to make some screenshots in a sort of tutorial, though it's quite easy. Now I'm installing Shadow of Mordor to check if it will work xD But, from what I see for now it should work and texture editing is possible

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:13 am 
ultra-n00b

That will be Greatly appreciated. Thank You =)
Not as Much interested in making folder readable by Game- just converting the texture.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:23 pm 
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Hmm, why you want to convert textures then? I mean, convert them back into in-game "format"

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:44 pm 
ultra-n00b

Well, I got my Reasons)) Let's just say, I need it for Testing- and, as far as I know, Tex and Tex0 are not Only used in Shadow of Mordor =P
(Dam, I DO hope they make second game soon- but that's offtopic)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:14 pm 
ultra-n00b

Well, no1? :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:49 am 
ultra-n00b

All I am interested in is just converting the DDS to TEX0 and reimporting atm

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:53 am 
n00b

Thanks to erik945 for his cool texture transformer script. I mastered this texture extraction at last and it was super-easy to run. For users of Windows 7 and similar Windows versions - if you want to run this script, you don't need to write complicated paths in the command line, just install Python 27, associate the .py extensuin with Python27.exe and then double-click the script. When you see the black console window of Python, write just the path to your directory with unpacked tex0 files, nothing more is required! The script converts all textures in a minute, even HD textures. I write this at the case if noobs like me have encountered some problems with running this script on Windows.
Just one question about textures once more - where to go for Marwen and Eryn models in the game archives? As far as I learned, there is seemingly no hd textures for these characters, but there must be their models with standard textures. Which arch05 should I explore for them?
For all who needs hi-res textures for your extracted characters, I extracted them and posted here - https://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t= ... st51790047. Although they lack 3d models themselves, but they can be useful if you have the meshes of these models. I hope someday there will be a backward script to convert dds into tex automatically, it would be great.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:25 pm 
ultra-n00b

So how do i reimport the edited embb file into that arch05 file?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:48 am 
ultra-n00b

gregkwaste wrote:
Ok after fixing the decompression issues, i managed to get the contents of the archives.

It seems like the archives contain other typeof containers. embb files.

Maybe someone has seen them before, i haven't.

Anyway embb files contain the actual raw files of the game.
I wrote a simple embb explorer in GTK python just to get a graphical view of the structure and i was able to get some files that i was most intersted in.

I've shared some orc files here :P

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7d9mhhbu8crq ... hWPFa?dl=0

Is fixation of decomp_data(...) published also in arch05explorer_gtk.py at https://bitbucket.org/gregkwaste/.arch05_explorer/src?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8