PK_FATEntryB entry2;
PK_FATEntryB entry3;

Not encrypted prob compressed with lzx

Samples
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/59pdrm5qn06l ... vlL4a?dl=0

PM me for xex

010 editor script >

Attachments:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. Register to gain access.

Post subject: Re: Destiny (.pkg) XBOX360
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:29 pm 
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Have thanks: 70 times
Here is a list of external tools that Bungie used in the game :)

Havok
CRIWARE
Speedtree
FaceFX
Umbra3 Visibility Solution
ZLIB Library
Freetype project
Granny Animation
Dolby Digital
Audiokinetic Wwise
Oodle

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:39 am 
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Have thanks: 178 times
brendan19 wrote:

yep here is the string dump of the executable
https://www.dropbox.com/s/h4ii6qpbfgsta ... p.zip?dl=0

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:26 am 
n00b

Have thanks: 11 times
The files seem to be compressed using LZHLW from the Oodle Compression Library (by RAD Game Tools [http://www.radgametools.com/oodle.htm]).

The file entries are:

Code:
struct DestinyFileEntry {
uint32_t FileOffset;
uint32_t CompressedFileSize;
uint32_t Flags; // 3rd byte tells the game whether the data is compressed
byte Sha1FileHash; // hash of the compressed or raw file data
};

The game also hashes the file tables and stores those hashes in the header as SHA-1's and the header is signed with SHA-256->RSA, and the signature is stored at 0x800.

If anyone has access to the Oodle SDK, I'm sure they can decompress them as there is no encryption on the data, just signed.

I'm not good with graphic formats or models, but this is an example of what a decompressed file looks like.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:10 pm 
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Patriot wrote:
The files seem to be compressed using LZHLW from the Oodle Compression Library (by RAD Game Tools [http://www.radgametools.com/oodle.htm]).

The file entries are:

Code:
uint32_t FileOffset;
};

The game also hashes the file tables and stores those hashes in the header as SHA-1's and the header is signed with SHA-256->RSA, and the signature is stored at 0x800.

If anyone has access to the Oodle SDK, I'm sure they can decompress them as there is no encryption on the data, just signed.

I'm not good with graphic formats or models, but this is an example of what a decompressed file looks like.

great work ill look into it some more soon is there by any chance you can get some sample uncompressed files?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:44 pm 
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Have thanks: 38 times
cra0 wrote:
Patriot wrote:

The file entries are:

Code:
uint32_t FileOffset;
};

great work ill look into it some more soon is there by any chance you can get some sample uncompressed files?

Oodle has five primary compression formats btw, LZA probably isnt the one choosen (since it was made reasonable speed-wise for games in july, so it's unlikely it was implemented into destiny) LZNib http://cbloomrants.blogspot.com/2012/09 ... lznib.html is a possibility, other hints as to the structures are on this blog. he seems to be a dev for rad game tools. Also looks like alot of other next-gen games are picking up Oodle for use, The Order: 1886 is supposedly using it also (uncomfirmed, found through forum posts on gamedev.net by a programmer who works for ready at dawn studios)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:57 am 
ultra-n00b

Have thanks: 0 time
I'm willing to dedicate a lot of time to this project as I'm fairly invested in learning how to unpack game files. Is there anyways as a scrub that I can contribute, or should I just go learn elsewhere?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:01 pm 
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

I tried legitimately to contact someone from radgametools on getting my hands on the oodle package to evaluate however lets just say their licensing price is up there in the thousands.

Anyway

Crude as hell but here
http://cra0kalo.com/public/DestinyPKGTool.zip

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:04 pm 
n00b

Pepper wrote:

Oodle has five primary compression formats btw, LZA probably isnt the one choosen (since it was made reasonable speed-wise for games in july, so it's unlikely it was implemented into destiny) LZNib http://cbloomrants.blogspot.com/2012/09 ... lznib.html is a possibility, other hints as to the structures are on this blog. he seems to be a dev for rad game tools. Also looks like alot of other next-gen games are picking up Oodle for use, The Order: 1886 is supposedly using it also (uncomfirmed, found through forum posts on gamedev.net by a programmer who works for ready at dawn studios)

I'm 99% (1% not sure since I don't have their SDK) certain it's LZHLW since that's what I found from looking at the function that decompresses the files in the game.

Also, I can make decompressed file dumps later this upcoming week. I have exams and after that I can create something to dump all files that run through the decompressor.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:59 pm 
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Have thanks: 38 times
Patriot wrote:
Pepper wrote:

I'm 99% (1% not sure since I don't have their SDK) certain it's LZHLW since that's what I found from looking at the function that decompresses the files in the game.

Also, I can make decompressed file dumps later this upcoming week. I have exams and after that I can create something to dump all files that run through the decompressor.

No problem, I didn't have any reason to suspect LZNib, I just wanted to give any information I could find online.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:21 pm 
n00b

Here's the first file from "360_client_bootstrap_unpatchable_0.pkg". Will dump more in the weekend, trying to setup a tool to just feed the game any compressed file but I have to figure out the Oodle decompression function's parameters first.

I decided to upload this one since it's the first file that is decompressed.

This file contains the four compressed fragments in the above file and one "full" file, which is just the four fragments stitched together. The rest of the file is not compressed so you can just extract the binary data.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/5nzicjr2s5zwwkl

Update on research:

The resource entry table (offset of table is at 0xB8 in the pkg files) contains positions, sizes and indexes of the resources the game access. Each compressed file decompresses to 0x40000 bytes and all of the fragments decompressed make up a file.

The positions in each resource entry is relative to the start of the decompressed chunk. So for example, if accessing entry 0x1B0, the position value could be something like 0x00000040 instead of (0x1B0 * 0x40000) + 0x00000040.

Also, sound files don't seem to be compressed, you can extract them and they are in the XMA format, so to play them as .wav on pc, they need to be converted.

Update on files:

I can decompress any of the files now, if you want to do research on the files contact me through Private Message and we can work on them.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:49 am 
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Have thanks: 6 times
Patriot wrote:
Here's the first file from "360_client_bootstrap_unpatchable_0.pkg". Will dump more in the weekend, trying to setup a tool to just feed the game any compressed file but I have to figure out the Oodle decompression function's parameters first.

This file contains the four compressed fragments in the above file and one "full" file, which is just the four fragments stitched together. The rest of the file is not compressed so you can just extract the binary data.

Update on research:

The resource entry table (offset of table is at 0xB8 in the pkg files) contains positions, sizes and indexes of the resources the game access. Each compressed file decompresses to 0x40000 bytes and all of the fragments decompressed make up a file.

The positions in each resource entry is relative to the start of the decompressed chunk. So for example, if accessing entry 0x1B0, the position value could be something like 0x00000040 instead of (0x1B0 * 0x40000) + 0x00000040.

Also, sound files don't seem to be compressed, you can extract them and they are in the XMA format, so to play them as .wav on pc, they need to be converted.

Update on files:

I can decompress any of the files now, if you want to do research on the files contact me through Private Message and we can work on them.
Hello, my friends, thank you very much for your great work, I want to like you, wanted to develop better tools to share with you, sharing happy, thank you

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:14 am 
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Patriot wrote:

Update on research:

Update on files:

Could you update this?
https://github.com/cra0kalo/DestinyPKGT ... ool/PKG.cs

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:19 am 
n00b

cra0 wrote:

Yea, I'll try to fill in as much as I know.

Also, I was able to extract a texture:

http://gyazo.com/f46ca672f9aeb9b40637c00d79231fb5

Still working on dealing with graphics formats, injection/editing is some time away.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:35 pm 
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Have thanks: 70 times
Is there a way get the TOC from the PKG files so we can get some filenames going or are we going to be stuck with hashes?