XeNTaX Forum Index
Forum MultiEx Commander Tools Tools Home
It is currently Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:57 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Forum rules


Please click here to view the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Murdered Coalesced CRC (PS3/X360)
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:03 am 
Offline
n00b

Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:36 am
Posts: 17
Has thanked: 3 times
Have thanks: 0 time














You can make the ads go away by registering

Hi, I'm doing some tests on coalesced file, game Murdered: Soul Suspect, the tools that were available for this file works perfectly in Dump/Insert, the problem is that the game seems to use a checksum to monitor possible changes, then even I changing one byte in file, the game crashes, only the .toc was not enough to record the data.
I wonder if anyone knows a tool to make the checksum does not change (not sure if there is such a tool), or if anyone knows where the checksum recorded. The game uses U3, and all the text is in this file: Coalesced_INT.bin

Here is the file in question:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4qinsy8ql9z2q ... ED_INT.BIN

P.S: The PC version does not have this problem.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Murdered Coalesced CRC (PS3/X360)
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:51 pm 
Offline
advanced

Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:11 am
Posts: 72
Has thanked: 1 time
Have thanks: 27 times
UE3 have SHA1 crc check in executable, try to change it, for example ps3 EBOOT.ELF
Image

ps check for ps3, it's working


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Murdered Coalesced CRC (PS3/X360)
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:41 am 
Offline
Moderator

Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:42 pm
Posts: 935
Has thanked: 10 times
Have thanks: 120 times
There is no such a thing for X360... Tested without the problem. At least no for Coalesced.bin! I have translated a few lines of code and repack it and no problem game starts.

_________________
Quick BMS Editor GUI - simple easy to use
Goto : viewtopic.php?uid=34229&f=29&t=6797&start=0

Downloads from DropBox : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Murdered Coalesced CRC (PS3)
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:37 pm 
Offline
n00b

Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:36 am
Posts: 17
Has thanked: 3 times
Have thanks: 0 time
Thief1987 wrote:
UE3 have SHA1 crc check in executable, try to change it, for example ps3 EBOOT.ELF
Image

ps check for ps3, it's working

Thanks, I'll test now.

michalss wrote:
There is no such a thing for X360... Tested without the problem. At least no for Coalesced.bin! I have translated a few lines of code and repack it and no problem game starts.

Oh, I thought the xbox version also had checksum, sorry.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Murdered Coalesced CRC (PS3/X360)
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:53 pm 
Offline
veteran

Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:25 pm
Posts: 100
Has thanked: 2 times
Have thanks: 7 times
If its just a crc check you can fake the original CRC value with the attached tool

Edit: sorry just noticed you said SHA1 crc so probably won't work.


Attachments:


You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. Register to gain access.



Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Murdered Coalesced CRC (PS3/X360)
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:02 am 
Offline
Moderator

Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:42 pm
Posts: 935
Has thanked: 10 times
Have thanks: 120 times
Just found out on X360 it is ok for coalesced.bin but for files like Startup_LOC_INT.xxx there is some kind of check i cannot find where please can anyone help ? Thx

In this file is fonts..

_________________
Quick BMS Editor GUI - simple easy to use
Goto : viewtopic.php?uid=34229&f=29&t=6797&start=0

Downloads from DropBox : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Murdered Coalesced CRC (PS3/X360)
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:14 am 
Offline
Moderator

Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:42 pm
Posts: 935
Has thanked: 10 times
Have thanks: 120 times
never mind found it :D

So X360 has not any SHA1 check in defualt.xex they have size check in TOC files instead :) Pretty easy to do

_________________
Quick BMS Editor GUI - simple easy to use
Goto : viewtopic.php?uid=34229&f=29&t=6797&start=0

Downloads from DropBox : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Murdered Coalesced CRC (PS3/X360)
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:33 am 
Offline
n00b

Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:36 am
Posts: 17
Has thanked: 3 times
Have thanks: 0 time
Michaels, what is the tool you use to reinsert the files extracted from .xxx?
I never could reinsert them.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Murdered Coalesced CRC (PS3/X360)
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:27 am 
Offline
Moderator

Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:42 pm
Posts: 935
Has thanked: 10 times
Have thanks: 120 times
xujozer wrote:
Michaels, what is the tool you use to reinsert the files extracted from .xxx?
I never could reinsert them.



Hex editor :) 010 will do the job :D

_________________
Quick BMS Editor GUI - simple easy to use
Goto : viewtopic.php?uid=34229&f=29&t=6797&start=0

Downloads from DropBox : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Murdered Coalesced CRC (PS3/X360)
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:27 pm 
Offline
n00b

Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:36 am
Posts: 17
Has thanked: 3 times
Have thanks: 0 time
michalss wrote:
xujozer wrote:
Michaels, what is the tool you use to reinsert the files extracted from .xxx?
I never could reinsert them.



Hex editor :) 010 will do the job :D


I suspected it all along!

:D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Murdered Coalesced CRC (PS3/X360)
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:46 pm 
Offline
Moderator

Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:42 pm
Posts: 935
Has thanked: 10 times
Have thanks: 120 times
xujozer wrote:
michalss wrote:
xujozer wrote:
Michaels, what is the tool you use to reinsert the files extracted from .xxx?
I never could reinsert them.



Hex editor :) 010 will do the job :D


I suspected it all along!

:D


XXX files are not that bad if you want to replace for example 1 or max 3 files, doable with HEX. Once you need to do some text reimport that is complicated and for me hard, however some ppl in here are good with UPK/XXX :D

_________________
Quick BMS Editor GUI - simple easy to use
Goto : viewtopic.php?uid=34229&f=29&t=6797&start=0

Downloads from DropBox : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Murdered Coalesced CRC (PS3/X360)
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:14 am 
Offline
n00b

Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:36 am
Posts: 17
Has thanked: 3 times
Have thanks: 0 time
I'm trying to find where is the font size of the cutscene, I found the value to the menu in the "PS3-FateGame" file...
Do u know where is the value to increase the font size in the cutscene of the game?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Murdered Coalesced CRC (PS3/X360)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:43 am 
Offline
Moderator

Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:42 pm
Posts: 935
Has thanked: 10 times
Have thanks: 120 times
xujozer wrote:
I'm trying to find where is the font size of the cutscene, I found the value to the menu in the "PS3-FateGame" file...
Do u know where is the value to increase the font size in the cutscene of the game?



I'm sorry never try it.

_________________
Quick BMS Editor GUI - simple easy to use
Goto : viewtopic.php?uid=34229&f=29&t=6797&start=0

Downloads from DropBox : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Murdered Coalesced CRC (PS3)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:22 pm 
Offline
ultra-n00b

Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:17 pm
Posts: 1
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 0 time
xujozer wrote:
Thief1987 wrote:
UE3 have SHA1 crc check in executable, try to change it, for example ps3 EBOOT.ELF
Image

ps check for ps3, it's working

Thanks, I'll test now.

michalss wrote:
There is no such a thing for X360... Tested without the problem. At least no for Coalesced.bin! I have translated a few lines of code and repack it and no problem game starts.

Oh, I thought the xbox version also had checksum, sorry.


Hi xojuzer,

Did you manage to get it working by hex-editing the SHA in the EBOOT?
I tried, but didn't have any luck :(

Could you please help me?
I have a translated coalesced_int file, taken from the Xbox 360 game, and I'd like to get it working on PS3.

Do I have to edit the toc file too?


--- Edit: Nvm, got it working :)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group